• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Looking for Fluval 404/405 parts

dhavalsp

Members
I have a really old but nice 404 which has been slightly rattling for a while. I am sure it has to do something with the impeller and associated accessories.

Please let me know if you have one of these salvaged 404/405 that I can work with.

Thanks,

Dhaval

ddavila06

Members
hey Dhaval, with general maintenance you can keep this running great! I suggest you just buy the impeller you need and it should be good to go..you should also get the impeller cover and a shaft. in my experience those have been the parts that needed the most maintenance (shafts break, the leg to the cover also breaks after a while)..save yourself a bunch of $$ :p

mchambers

Former CCA member
I concur

hey Dhaval, with general maintenance you can keep this running great! I suggest you just buy the impeller you need and it should be good to go..you should also get the impeller cover and a shaft. in my experience those have been the parts that needed the most maintenance (shafts break, the leg to the cover also breaks after a while)..save yourself a bunch of $$ :p

+1

dhavalsp

Members

Well, all the forum pointed at the cover, which was replaced recently but didn't help. The shaft and impeller both look good,no wear at all, but i guess thats what i am going to change now.

i guess it is a gamble, either i will end up with a good filter or bump filter with extra parts.

I plan to open the canister for monthly cleaning at end of March so i will order these parts in 2 weeks. Till then if anyone is throwing out related stuff post BFD cleaning/rearrangement then just let me know.