• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Look who's speaking at the ACLC!

kaj41354

Members
[FONT=&quot]Saturday January 15th at 1:00PM
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]at That Fish Place in Lancaster PA
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CULTURING LIVE FOODS FOR YOUR FISH[/FONT]
by Frank Cowherd
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Frank will talk about how to culture infusuria, microworms, vinegar eels, grindal worms, brine shrimp and daphnia. Why? Because live foods get your breeders in breeding condition [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]and are a great advantage in raising fry.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Frank has been keeping and raising fish and live[/FONT][FONT=&quot] foods for over 30 years. He has been an officer[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]or on the board of various fish clubs for about as [/FONT][FONT=&quot]long. After retiring he moved from West Virginia[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to the D.C. suburbs, set up a fish room and has[/FONT][FONT=&quot]been kept busy breeding and raising tropical fish ever since. Frank is an active member of both the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society (PVAS) and the Capital Cichlid Association (CCA). His favorite fish is the Red Wag Platy and won Best in Show with one at the 2006 All Aquarium Catfish Convention and the 2009 Aquafest. Franks other favorites and ones he spends a lot of time raising are German Blue Rams, Koi, Velvet Black, and Silver Angelfish, Red Velvet Swords, Orange Australes, Black-Banded Sunfish, and a number of different Corydoras catfish.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For more information or directions visit our website at www.ACLCPA.org[/FONT]

kaj41354

Members
I know Barbito's been keeping this hidden but, in addition to Franks Great program, we havea wager payoff by the loser from the Pitt-Rutgers game in October!!!!!!:smashfreakB:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Might have to do this...

...or work it out online. Anyone know any good sites?

fischfan13

Banned
There will be no video or pictures of Kurt "dressing me up" during this meeting.
If anyone wants to see what Kurt is going to do to me then I would advise you driving to this meeting...plus Frank gives a really good talk!!!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I want everyone to come out and support ACLC and Frank but......

Fear not!

I will be there with my D70, my phone camera, my video camera and possibly a 35mm camera.

I may be leaving early to get home to see the game but I should be there.

longstocking

Members
I want everyone to come out and support ACLC and Frank but......

Fear not!

I will be there with my D70, my phone camera, my video camera and possibly a 35mm camera.

I may be leaving early to get home to see the game but I should be there.

Please take LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of pics.... I need ammunition for the future :lol:

fischfan13

Banned
A reminder...

Frank gives a great talk on Live Foods and the venue for the ACLC Meeting is fantastic!
I will be purchasing a few livebearers from Frank tomorrow as Joseph will be getting his baptism in some top notch Platys and Guppies!

Also, there is some rumor going around about a few Pittsburgh fans dressing me up during the meeting.:unsure:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
are you going for the "prince" look or the "barney" look?

Well I guess I am going Barney today.
Wearing the purple Lewis jersey instead of the black Oher from last week.

But Caleb just remember my moto.

I love you
you love me
..... LOL
images

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Great talk as usual Frank.

A few pictures

Frank getting ready
DSC_0003.jpg

A few announcements
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Hey, Joseph. There will be a quiz later. Better pay attention. LOL
DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Checking the auction items.
DSC_0012-1.jpg

ACLC gives out Certificates to the speakers.
DSC_0016.jpg

Then a little fun and games
DSC_0019.jpg