• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Look what i found

FishEggs

I was exploring what i thought was a lifeless storm run off creek behind my house with my son and discovered there is actually life in the water. There are at least 2 different types of fish but i only got pictures of the one type. Anyone know what it is? The largest i saw was ~6" but very few of them.

C360_2015-07-12-13-51-01-198.jpg

C360_2015-07-12-14-48-16-328.jpg

C360_2015-07-12-14-48-21-475.jpg

C360_2015-07-12-14-45-09-056.jpg

Vinh2o

Members
Common Minnows. I grew up in Suitland, MD where Branch Ave & Southern ave meet right on the Southeast DC line. We use to go down the creek right there at the foot of the Suitland parkway and catch them by the 100's as feeder fish for out Jack Dempsey's, Oscars, Pikes, and Piranhas when I was growing up in the late 70's thru the mid 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishEggs

Creek is in Marlton. I caught them with my 10" x8" aquarium net. The other fish had a light silvery body with dark speckles kind of like a pepper cory.
I also found some fossils and what looks like old coral. I'll post some pictures of them later.
Of course my 4 year old son was most interested in finding all the golf balls that wash down the creek.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
Creek is in Marlton. I caught them with my 10" x8" aquarium net. The other fish had a light silvery body with dark speckles kind of like a pepper cory.
I also found some fossils and what looks like old coral. I'll post some pictures of them later.
Of course my 4 year old son was most interested in finding all the golf balls that wash down the creek.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FishEggs

Here are the fossils and old coral pics. One is of a vertebrae bone of some large animal; cow, horse, Dinosaur maybe.

IMG_20150713_170003.jpg

IMG_20150713_170048.jpg

IMG_20150713_170136.jpg

IMG_20150713_170152.jpg

lkelly

Members

If you post pics of those, I can help identify them. There's a good chance that they will be of the family Titleist, Top Flight, Callaway, or Nike. You'll need to vent for an exact species name.

FishEggs

There were quite a few Callaway and Titleist that i was able to identify but the prize find was the rare Yellow colored Pinnacle.

FishEggs

So i found out that the vertebra bone is from a medium-sized marine mammal. A porpoise or dolphin would fit this bill.

tremper

Members
fossil in last photo looks to be a chesapectan jeffersonius..... aka, fossil scallop..... prob in the 2-10 million range, not so up on the strata in your neck of the woods..... though the fossil corals would lead me to believe the younger side of the estimate.

i've found similar corals with c. jeffersonious in the yorktown fformation..... down in yorktown va