• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Look at what my wife did

Reed

Very Fishe
Anybody have or know where to get professional style species tank labels with pictures . I have tried to make them in the past but they never come out as good.

Veryfishe.com

dogofwar

CCA Members
I just write on the tank in Sharpie :)

Matt

Anybody have or know where to get professional style species tank labels with pictures . I have tried to make them in the past but they never come out as good.

Veryfishe.com

Localzoo

Board of Directors
You have an awesome wife!

The ones I use in my fishroom are the "Label Once" brand. You can mark on them with the permanent marker that comes with the kit, but they are still erasable. So, waterproof AND reusable.

http://www.amazon.com/Jokari-Erasab...TF8&qid=1451487352&sr=8-3&keywords=label+once

Those seem awesome.

yes I do. She also mentioned color coordinating dates with one color stating water change date and using a different color for when they last held/bred dep on the fish

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Last edited:

Localzoo

Board of Directors

Veryfishe.com

Depending on the number of labels maybe my brother can make them for you....?
He helped do the fish for Aquamania banner.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've used squares of different color electrical tape to remind myself of what kind of water goes in each tank. When refilling the tanks, I tend to go on autopilot and sometimes forget to stop half-way and top off with RO. So, for example:

blue = 50 RO/50 Tap
green = Tap
yellow = buffers for Malawi/Tang/Vics

or whatever works for you...

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've used squares of different color electrical tape to remind myself of what kind of water goes in each tank. When refilling the tanks, I tend to go on autopilot and sometimes forget to stop half-way and top off with RO. So, for example:

blue = 50 RO/50 Tap
green = Tap
yellow = buffers for Malawi/Tang/Vics

or whatever works for you...

No one needs RO water yet
But I will keep that in mind

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Im cheap.
I use paint pens to write on the glass.
In the past when Ive tried to use lables they get messed up when on my glass and if I put them on the trim I can never get them off.
Paint stays on for a long time and comes off easy with a razor blade.

Localzoo

Board of Directors
I've used dry erase before but always seems to come off too easy.

I have no idea where these labels came from but I know the dollar store by my parents sells them.

chriscoli

Administrator
I've tried putting sharpie/paint pen/dry erase on the glass....it's murphy's law, though, that every time a fish is all nice and colored-up and out of hiding, they end up behind the writing on the glass. I've had too many pictures ruined by sharpie on the glass.

So, I've opted for labels on the trim, but yes....they are hard to get off!