• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Log On Mystery?

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

I have been unable to log on from the University at all.

Well, today I had to go talk to an OIT pro about a completely unrelated issue. So I asked him why I could not log on to just this forum. Well, during the investigation (didn't take all that long either) it came to light that for some reason, when I'm at school, the forum will pop up if the www is removed from the address. Of course, every time you move around on the forum the www comes back, and you get a server error. Whats even stranger is the fact that here, at home, the www is in the name and I can log on no problem, no server error either. Any ideas what could be causing this? It seems really weird, which come to think of it, was what the IT guy told me at the time.....

Amanda.

cyradis4

Members
I tried that. I was using Mozilla, and did the clear all private data thing. Didn't have any effect. Still was having the same issue. It was doing the same thing with Internet Explorer.

Amanda.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Still have no idea why some people have problems getting on and some do not.

I think it is they server that you are logging on from.

I have that problem at work but not at home.

I know someone else has problems with one computer but not another in the same house.

cyradis4

Members
Has anyone had any issues since the forum came back up? I haven't. In fact, its been much better! I can now (apparently) log on from school.

Could all those mysterious things that Ron did to the servers have fixed the problem?

Later!
Amanda.