• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Local Fish Club

cyradis4

Members
My friend is looking for info on local fish. She managed to catch a pair of Sunfish and put them in a tank she had available. I was wondering if any of you would know where she could go...

And I'm still waiting to hear how she managed to catch the fish.... Apperently, she managed it with no fishing gear to speak of..... just a few things she had at hand when she went out hiking.....

Amanda.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You can look up North American Native Fishes Association

Bob Bock is a member of our club and that one. I will PM you later with his email. He does not come on here very often.
Look under holiday events higher in this forum. I posted one of their events.

Spine

Members
I have Blue Gills that I caught in the potomac river.
I put driftwood in the tank and I have some fresh water plants(Giant Hygro) for cover in both rear corners leaving the middle of the tank open.

For substrate I used flourite with large river rock gravel(14-20mm)

I feed mine earthworms, blackworms,krilll,medium or large pellets(chiclid) and flake food

marge618

CCA member
Good luck with your local fishes. They shouldn't be too hard to keep it you do the research. Here are 2 great resources:

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources at 580 Taylor Ave. in Annapolis maintains 2 large tanks of locally caught fish. Their fish and wildlife people may have helpful information. (www.dnr.maryland.gov fax 410-260-8404)

Also, the National Aquarium in Baltimore 501 E Pratt Street has an extensive exhibit "Maryland Mountains to the Sea" which features native fish from all types of local water habitat. They have helpful staff that are willing to provide all kinds of information on a "we-wish-you-would-ask-us" basis. ( www.aqua.org phone: 410-576-3800)

Marge
fishorangeswimming.gif