• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Liquidating livestock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acpape0

Members
I am seriously considering switching my heavily stocked african 125 gallon tank to a arrowana or South American tank. My question is would it be best to sell it all as a package or split it up? If this post is in the wrong place please move it. Would there be any interest in purchasing all of the stock as a large package?
Thoughts ?
Opinions?
Comments?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kevin911

Members
That will be fun! Package is ideal but just tough selling all at the same time.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mchambers

Former CCA member
Oh, you mean sell your fish

Whenever I reading about liquidating fish, I always think of this:

[YT]0BQFv83QJ2Y[/YT]

Looks like great assortment there. The challenge with selling as a group is obviously trying to find someone who can commit an adequately sized tank for all of them. As an alternative, you could sell in groups of 5 or such. Maybe even individually. However, I'm sure Aldrich could also testify to this, that also has it's challenge with so many buyers, scheduling pickup, etc.

If you do sell as a group, what priceline are you looking to get? Do you have an exact count as to what you have at the moment?

Matt

Acpape0

Members
I don't have a exact count yet but it is somewhere around 50. As for price I don't even know where to begin as always it will be a good deal for club members. I love Africans I really do but at this point my desire to breed my only interest and I am not allowed any more tanks.. I have been thinking about switching for a while and just never pulled the trigger. I will also be looking to get rid of my grow outs and fry once the tank is empty.
So the question is who has a empty 6' tank to even make a group sale possible

frankoq

Members
Like others, you can try selling the package.
But like others, you could find it will be easier to sell by smaller groups or by fish.
good luck with the sale.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
My recommendation would be to sell in smaller groups and offer a discount for multiple purchases. Very few people have an empty 6 foot tank waiting to be stocked.

On an aside, I don't think a 125 is big enough for most arowanna species.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
I think a jar (scleropages jardini) would be your best bet. They rarely exceed a foot and a half and they look pretty cool. They are mean as heck though. I'd do maybe a pair of a large central or south american cichlid or one large oddball.
As for price point, like Jon said, not that many people can buy all of those fish at once so splitting it up would be best.

MonteSS

Members
Maybe try to sell complete to a professional office. Doctor, Lawyer, Hospital, Library, etc.

Offer to maintain it for a monthly fee.

Cbaker

Members
Adam,

Would it be possible to send the selection of africans that you curently have for sale?
Thanks.

Acpape0

Members
Ok so I think I am going to sell them in waves ... Mbuna and cats first then peacocks and haps. I will start listing soon. I was really hoping to sell them as a package but there doesn't seem to be any interest

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'd be interested in the female auratus, maybe a few others. I could probably stop by after work one day next week depending on your availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.