• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

lighting repair need help

caxcrew

Members
i have a 6ft odyssea light having electrical problems it was expensive when i brought it does anyone work on these or know someone who does willing to pay or and electrician who would in the DMV area

frank

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
If everything is powered by one ballast it sounds like your ballast went bad. Is it one of their t5 lights? If it is does it have individual reflectors for each t-5 tube or does it have one big half moon reflectors. I don't know how to test the ballast but they are very easy to replace. Just purchase the correct wattage output and type and connect the wires with wire caps no soldering needed.

modlins

Members
Tropical Fish World will do most repairs for a meager $15.00 Labor Fee, they will order Parts too. Ask for Jim.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
We (TFW) do not have a supplier for Odyssea. When I ordered a MH combo fro Odyssea many years ago, nothing worked when first plugged in. Turns out all the cords were incorrectly labeled for connection to the ballast.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
When I had the problem, there was nothing to repair. I had an external ballast with cords that were not labeled the same as the connections on the fixture. I do not trust myself with wiring. Marc (works with me at TFW) could check it out for you if you brought it by the store either this Saturday or two Sundays from now. However, TFW has no availability to order parts for oddysea, so if it turns out to be a ballast issue, there is nothing we can do.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Couldn't he just replace the ballast with another t5 ballast of the same wattage and output.

Nathan

Members
if its just a normal t5 light I would replace the ballast(s) with fulham workhorse ballasts. They last much longer than the cheap ones that come in aquarium lights. I've replaced both current and coralife ballasts and have had one running 7 years now.