• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

LFSs along I-95 (north)

mchambers

Former CCA member
Looks like I'll be driving back from Ithaca NY next Saturday afternoon. Was wondering if there are LFSs worth visiting between Ithaca and DC. I am aware of House of Tropicals, of course.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Excellent question. My wife usually suggests routes (although she won't be on this trip -- just me and my son, who will be visiting Ithaca College), but she hasn't yet given us her ideas. Looks like we'd take 95 to Baltimore, then 83 to Harrisburg, then US 11, but we could adjust our route slightly, as there appear to be several choices.

Leffler817

CCA Members
When I drive back home, I take 83 to 11 to 15 through PA into NY. Coming from DC if you were to go all the way over to 81 that would add a lot of time to your trip. I'm not sure what's in Harrisburg/york area. If you go up 15 there is a shop in Selinsgrove on 15 but it may be a Superpetz. I can't remember. In Lewisburg, also on 15 north of Selinsgrove, is Pet Platoon. I've never been able to stop there either. :( You could try looking them up online. When I get to 80 after Lewisburg, I take 80 east to 180. It's faster then staying on 15 until you get to Williamsport, just my opinion. There used to be an excellent shop in Williamsport on Lycoming Creek Rd. I can't remember the name just how to get there. But I searched and couldn't find the shop, bet they closed. :sad0121:

Moving on up the road, there was nothing in Corning, NY (an awesome glass museum thou) but you'll head east on 17 or 86 towards Elmira. IN Elmira was Tropical Fish Outlet. I liked that store the owner used to buy my Jewel cichlid fry for credit and order a bunch of stuff for me. I still have their magnet on the freezer. Not sure if the are still around but it was a neat shop. If you try and stop there, take 328 from 15 north after Tioga, PA. It will save you some time and click on the OD.

From there take 13 north to Ithaca try and visit the brewery, its tasty! :happy0180: IDK if there are any shops in Ithaca. Its a college/hippie town.

Sorry to go on for ever, and thank you for traveling with Leffler817 travels. :D

mchambers

Former CCA member
Excellent

When I drive back home, I take 83 to 11 to 15 through PA into NY. Coming from DC if you were to go all the way over to 81 that would add a lot of time to your trip. I'm not sure what's in Harrisburg/york area. If you go up 15 there is a shop in Selinsgrove on 15 but it may be a Superpetz. I can't remember. In Lewisburg, also on 15 north of Selinsgrove, is Pet Platoon. I've never been able to stop there either. :( You could try looking them up online. When I get to 80 after Lewisburg, I take 80 east to 180. It's faster then staying on 15 until you get to Williamsport, just my opinion. There used to be an excellent shop in Williamsport on Lycoming Creek Rd. I can't remember the name just how to get there. But I searched and couldn't find the shop, bet they closed. :sad0121:

Moving on up the road, there was nothing in Corning, NY (an awesome glass museum thou) but you'll head east on 17 or 86 towards Elmira. IN Elmira was Tropical Fish Outlet. I liked that store the owner used to buy my Jewel cichlid fry for credit and order a bunch of stuff for me. I still have their magnet on the freezer. Not sure if the are still around but it was a neat shop. If you try and stop there, take 328 from 15 north after Tioga, PA. It will save you some time and click on the OD.

From there take 13 north to Ithaca try and visit the brewery, its tasty! :happy0180: IDK if there are any shops in Ithaca. Its a college/hippie town.

Sorry to go on for ever, and thank you for traveling with Leffler817 travels. :D
This is great. Thank you. Not sure how many stops I can make, driving with a high school senior, but we'll see.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Not to rain on your parade but the store on US 15 in Lewisburg used to be a SuperPetz but they are now closed. Also, the Pet Platoon doesn't have any aquatic supplies. They have natural pet products for dogs, cats, birds, and small mammals.

In Williamsport, PA there is Pets N You. It's address is 1010 N. Loyalsock Avenue, Montoursville, PA. It's a two story building with lots of supplies and fish. It's definitely worth going to IMO. That's actually where I got all my fish for my first community tank back in college. They were the people that started me on this fishy path, lol. There used to be two others but they closed down in the last 6 years.

I went to college in Williamsport, PA for 4 years and my sister is there now so I memorized where all the fish were, lol. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks for the update!

Not to rain on your parade but the store on US 15 in Lewisburg used to be a SuperPetz but they are now closed. Also, the Pet Platoon doesn't have any aquatic supplies. They have natural pet products for dogs, cats, birds, and small mammals.

In Williamsport, PA there are a couple of neat LFS. The first one I know is called Pets N You. It's address is 1010 N. Loyalsock Avenue, Montoursville, PA. It's a two story building with lots of supplies and fish. It's definitely worth going to IMO. The other one is called Animal Specialties and it's address is 201 Basin St, #11, Williamsport, PA 17701. This one is smaller than Pets N You.

I went to college in Williamsport, PA for 4 years and my sister is there now so I memorized where all the fish were, lol. Hope this helps!
Thanks, Sammi!

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Store Hours: Mo-Sat 10:00-9:00 Est Sun 10:00-7:00
The Hidden Reef, Inc
4501 New Falls Rd
Levittown, PA 19056
215-269-4930
215-269-4940
215-269-4573 Fax
REALLY NICE STORE