• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

lfs going out of business

minifoot77

Members
my lfs in aberdeen is going out of business... right now all his stuff is on sale if you spend $25 bucks or more you get 25% off all tanks fish everything pet related.... directions are from 95 take exit 85 take rt 22 EAST and a left at beards hill he is right next to jiffy lube its called house of pets talk to nate and tell him caleb sent you :) REMEMBER CASH GETS YOU A BETTER DISCOUNT

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sorry to hear about another lfs... Soon there will be mart stores and mail order...

Would you be in the hobby if you'd never been to a lfs?

Matt

Ophelia77

Members
I doubt any of us would be in the hobby if it weren't for a lfs:( It was always nice to spend a few hours showing all the different animals to the kids kinda like a free trip to the zoo:(

Posted via mobile.capitalcichlids.org

cmcpart0422

Members
lol I never even knew of mail order fish until way after I was in the hobby. If it werent for my lfs there is no way i would be in the hobby though.

davidhusker

Members
To be honest, the store's tanks were always way under maintained and prices were really high on products, fish prices were decent, but I was always afraid of a sick fish if i bought it.

Anyhow.. after I say all that, i just stopped by and talked to them, picked up two 25 gallon tanks for 20 bucks a piece. He said anybody wants tanks (25, 20L, 20H, 10G, whatever is left) its for sale.

lonlangione

Members
To be honest, the store's tanks were always way under maintained and prices were really high on products, fish prices were decent, but I was always afraid of a sick fish if i bought it.

At least they had the guts to open their own shop. I was never there but it is a real shame another mom and pop is going outta business.

minifoot77

Members
no those were his nasty tanks that i brought home cleaned resealed and painted the rims and back. i was supposed to take over that rack with my fish and do a 50 50 split.....

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I always hate seeing stores go under. There are no small stores up here anymore.
The only problem was that one to me never tried.
I don't want to put anybody down but it never had any fish.
Dogs, cats, yes.
fish no.
I would only hit there maybe once per year because of that.
I cant remember how many tanks they had but two different times I made a comment to Tracey that unless you counted the feeders, they had more tanks than fish.
Like I said, never want to talk bad about a store on here but they are gone.
Heck I ate dinner Saturday in that shopping center, like 5 doors down and did not even wish to walk over there to look.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I was told a few weeks ago that they were going out of business.
But that is not firsthand knowledge.
That seemed to be a nice store. Only there one time. Quite a ways cross country for me. lol

lonlangione

Members
I stopped by Deep Blue Tropicals a few weeks ago and the sign said they were open in the evenings. I called the number a few days ago to find out what the hours were becasue I was going to be in the area and a guy answered the phone and said Deep Blue was out of business but he was opening a store named One Fishy Business at 1210 Main Street Hampstead. He planned to be open around June 1st.

Lonny