• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Krobia spawn

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I picked up a pair of Krobia Guianensis from Jon a couple weeks back to add to my 55 gallon. Last night I saw them guarding an impressive number of eggs on a coconut shell. My rainbow cichlids have never been able to successfully guard eggs in this tank (they are much smaller than the krobia) but so far the Krobia are doing a great job. I was going to re-scape the tank but it looks like that'll have to wait!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Awesome news! That's two for two on these pairs just needing their own space to spawn. Keep us updated with progress.

Jon

chriscoli

Administrator
Awesome! Congrats! Mine have spawned occasionally, but they're in an overstocked community tank so I think I need to pull the eggs next time I see them.

Hannibal

Members
Awesome Sam! I put my pair in the corner tank I had in my basement and they laid eggs a day or two after getting them home. Unfortunately I did not get any wrigglers out of it. I am going to do a re-scape this weekend with a big water change and hope I can get mine to get back into the mood.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
The last spawn didn't make it. Too many predators (BN plecos) in the tank. The parents did well at guarding the eggs until the lights are out.

This time around I was lucky enough to get to actually see them spawning. It was awesome as I have never seen my fish spawn in person. I have a video of it and will get that posted up after work today. I decided to pull the eggs this time. It was either that or hunt down 3 BNs in a heavily wooded/decorated/planted tank and try to remove them. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App