• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Krobia sp. Xingu Red Spawn

dogofwar

CCA Members
My pair of Krobia sp. Xingu Red (that I got from Jon Clark via Rapps) spawned this evening...on a shard of flowerpot, of course, near the divided with my pair of Ivanacara...

This is their first pair and I think it was triggered by a water change earlier this week and feeding them live food (red wiggler worms) every 3 days or so for the past couple of weeks. They kicked the crap out of the spare female...so I knew something was up...

My old pair was much more secretive (spawned in a pot) and really poor parents. I'm going to give these guys the opportunity to raise their babies... If they fail then next time will be artifically raised.

Here's a horrible picture of the female and eggs on the piece of pot under her... (they're the fish on the right side of the divider)...

Matt

mscichlid

Founder
No pic.
Congrats! I've been curious about this species for a while. Some of the pics make the fish seem gorgeous, others not so much.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Congrat's on the spawn. At some point I need either you or Jon to ID my Krobia to tell me if it is male or female. I hope you get the pics to upload.