• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Krobia Guianensis

Hannibal

Members
I picked these guys up from Jon on Thursday of last week and put them in a 50 corner tank with 3 black skirt tetras and some sterbai cories. Since the tank temp was a little warmer than what Jon was keeping them at, Friday night I turned down the heater and later just pulled it as it was still a little high.

They are either enjoying the temp change or having their own tank because Sunday morning I was working on my computer and noticed that a few of my swords had been uprooted. When I approached the tank to replant them the krobia did not look too happy that I was near the tank. After taking a closer look I noticed that they had laid eggs all over the tank. There are eggs everywhere... in the plants, on the uptube for the AC filter, on the tube for the sponge filter, on the glass. I guess they just didn't want to wait for me to give them a flower pot or some rocks, lol.

I will keep you updated, if I end up with fry I will be sure to snap some pictures.

Hannibal

Members
Well after the first batch of eggs did not hatch, I am happy to say that I now have wrigglers! After they completely demolished the tank by uprooting all of my plants I went out and got clay pots and put the plants in them. I noticed last week that they had emptied two of the pots of the plants and substrate. I am currently doing water changes and noticed something moving in the back pot. Turns out it is a cloud of fry. Glass is dirty but I will see if I can get a few pics...

Hannibal

Members
Not that they are close to being ready for new homes but is there anyone out there that would be interested in fry from my pair? Just trying to gauge if I am going to be able to find homes for these guys...