• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

longstocking

Members
Great meeting .... LOVED how everyone was helping :) And how I tried to help but just made a bigger mess !!!!! HA HA HA

Bob you did a great job ! Better than I could do... I can't say names worth a darn !

I can't even say the name of my fav. goby ( or for that matter my fav. fish in this world ) ! HA HA HA HA

maddog10

Members
In case you don't know, Pat does A LOT before, during and after the meetings! He and Tracey deserve more thanks than we can ever express. 'Guest' auctioneers are the least that we can do to help out.

Pat meeting some new members.
Pat-1.jpg

Pat working the crowd.
Pat-2.jpg

Pat pointing out the Fire Exit.
Pat-3.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Dude, You are right. I always say and you can quote me on my submariner site, Pat is the MAN!

I knew that the day I meet him and Tracy, I knew they were unbelievable. They are 2 special people who I respect alot.

Regardless, Pat does need some help, and I will do what I can do, to help.

RM

maddog10

Members
I have a couple!

Pat signing up a new member and explaining what "A Growing Force in the Cichlid Hobby" really means.
Pat-4.jpg

Pat trying to remember the words to the National Anthem!
Pat-5.jpg

.....and I also found this one of a conversation about pikes.
Franny-1.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, I want to thank everyone for showing yesterday and special thanks to those that pitched in.

I thought it went well except the flight delays.

Sonny Disposition

Thanks, Sarah. I have a ways to go, I think, but at least it gave Pat a chance to attend to other things for a time. Someday I'll remember to say the group number first.

Other than that, it was a great meeting and I had a great time. (I don't think I've ever not had a good time at a CCA meeting.) Lots of interesting people to talk to, neat fish to see, and a great speaker.

I like how he broke down the Tanganyikans by type. Coming to cichlids fairly late in my involvement with the hobby, it's really great when someone shows how to distinguish between the groups. I never knew, for example, that Tanganyikans have a stronger sense of territory than the Malawians, do, for example.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Jun 14 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great meeting .... LOVED how everyone was helping :) And how I tried to help but just made a bigger mess !!!!! HA HA HA

Bob you did a great job ! Better than I could do... I can't say names worth a darn !

I can't even say the name of my fav. goby ( or for that matter my fav. fish in this world ) ! HA HA HA HA[/b]

longstocking

Members
His basic information was pretty darn good for someone that has never kept them !

Yes... tangs are just mean little buggers. I tried to show/tell you this when you came over... I guess I did a pretty BAD job at it :lol: Sometimes I need to remember back when I first started. Man I had a rough time with them due to how territorial they are. Started with Leleupi and shellies... and might I add FAILED miserably !

Sonny Disposition

Well, for me, coming to it from a different background, it's been like putting the pieces of a puzzle together. I got part of the picture from you, and then part from him. But don't worry, you really did succeed in showing how territorial they are. And he didn't mention anything about the need to disrupt the line of sight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Jun 16 2008, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
His basic information was pretty darn good for someone that has never kept them !

Yes... tangs are just mean little buggers. I tried to show/tell you this when you came over... I guess I did a pretty BAD job at it :lol: Sometimes I need to remember back when I first started. Man I had a rough time with them due to how territorial they are. Started with Leleupi and shellies... and might I add FAILED miserably ![/b]

As always another great meeting, this club has really expanded the vision of organizing and maintaining higher standards of excellence in the world of cichlids and all that is related. I'm excited to be a part of the club and thankful for the leadership that continues to go above and beyond the call of duty. Just wanted to let you all know that you are really appreciated. Thanks to Pat and Tracey, Francine, Mike and Michelle and the other board members and volunteers for your tireless efforts and dedication.

Gerard

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Wow, to bad I missed the meeting, sounds like it was very informative;)

I typically don't miss a CCA meeting, but I had previous engagement to attend.

Well, at least we can look forward to the 1st Annual CCA Members BBQ on July 12, 2008 2pm-5pm + :D

SubMariner