• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

IT'S BAAAACCCKKKK!

I am getting the number of points for defense based on the projected line by Yahoo. Right now they are telling me they project that San Francisco will score 30 this week and Arizona will score 27. They are projecting Peyton Manning to only get me 17 points. I know those are rough projections that are going to vary week to week but seems odd to me.

Looking across the league at the current starting Defense's, Dallas D is the lowest at 20 and New England is slated to bring in 33, seems the average falls in the 26-27 range.

As far as QB's go, Bree's is the highest at 18 and Cutler the lowest at 9, seems the majority fall from 15-17.

Last edited:

daninmd

Members
360 yards and 3 TDs will net you 30 points, assuming no turnovers, etc. 250 yards and 2 TDs is not a "stud game" in my book, and even that will get you 18 pts.

I don't know where the 25 pts for defense number came from, but rarely does the defense score over 20 pts.

hey, I gotta line up the excuses for having a losing record this year! cant blame myself, so clearly it will be the commissioners fault

now if I do well, then obviously that was because I am good. :D

daninmd

Members
Also, is it possible for everyone to post their team name and CCA username??? don't know who a few of the people are

Daninmd - Chalupa Batman

daninmd

Members
In my defense on the kicker taken in the 10th round. I had to or else you would have taken him chalupa:eek:. and as far as the A report card goes... I'll take it:rolleyes:. I didn't draft a DST until the 13th round.. its all fantasy you know.

yeah, I definitely had my eye on Bailey. Not happy about not getting Witten :angry3:

mrkillie

Members
I am getting the number of points for defense based on the projected line by Yahoo. Right now they are telling me they project that San Francisco will score 30 this week and Arizona will score 27. They are projecting Peyton Manning to only get me 17 points. I know those are rough projections that are going to vary week to week but seems odd to me.

Looking across the league at the current starting Defense's, Dallas D is the lowest at 20 and New England is slated to bring in 33, seems the average falls in the 26-27 range.

As far as QB's go, Bree's is the highest at 18 and Cutler the lowest at 9, seems the majority fall from 15-17.

I think the projections are based on the yahoo default scoring system, thus QB projections are lower than they will actually be in our league (TDs are only 4 pts, for example, and in our league they are 6). Of course I could be wrong, but then again, I don't care what yahoo or anyone else thinks about my team. I draft (and set my lineup) based on my knowledge (or lack thereof) of the game. I've found that yahoo projections very rarely reflect actual performances.

mrkillie

Members
BTW, I am the Phantom's Revenge - the name comes from the roller coaster of the same name at Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh. The Phantom's Revenge replaced the much better, much nastier coaster "The Steel Phantom", which at the time of its construction was the fastest roller coaster in the world and had the highest drop:eek:. It had a corkscrew and a double loop, but the best part was that it was built right on the bank of the Monongehela River, and the first drop went out over the river like you were going to dive right in :eek:. It was a rocky ride and many people complained :angry: and got hurt :wacko:, so they sissied it up with the Phantom's Revenge :unsure:. Maybe that's why I haven't won in a few years. I went from Predators to a sissy roller coaster.:angry3:

verbal

CCA Members
I don't think any defense will outscore Payton Manning this week.

I think the projections are based on the yahoo default scoring system, thus QB projections are lower than they will actually be in our league (TDs are only 4 pts, for example, and in our league they are 6). Of course I could be wrong, but then again, I don't care what yahoo or anyone else thinks about my team. I draft (and set my lineup) based on my knowledge (or lack thereof) of the game. I've found that yahoo projections very rarely reflect actual performances.

fischfan13

Banned
In my defense on the kicker taken in the 10th round. I had to or else you would have taken him chalupa:eek:. and as far as the A report card goes... I'll take it:rolleyes:. I didn't draft a DST until the 13th round.. its all fantasy you know.

Your Kickers and Defense:
16 points

My #1 WR:
36 points

:p

The Denver Offensive scoring for our league:

Manning = 60
Thomas WR = 36
Decker = 2
Welker = 15
Thomas TE = 25

Total = 138 points
That's more points than any one team in our league was projected to have this week total, and that's from five total spots.

Dan

Unless your Cowboys lay a complete egg against the Giants you are probably going to beat me at this rate, what a waste of a Peyton explosion.

Rob

verbal

CCA Members
It looks like yours will be a close one. The difference could easily be between McCoy and DeSean Jackson.

A total destruction, and against the team with "the best draft".

Me, I'm waged in war in all 3 of my leagues. We'll see what happens tomorrow.