• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Travis

Members
I have five juvenile calvus in a 125 gallong aquarium. There have never been any aggression issues or squabbles to date. However, today two of them can't seem to stop going at it? Will this sort itself out? Or is it a fight to the death?

[YT]Rda-9DbGqyA[/YT]

[YT]bjApkf1gQ8w[/YT]

minifoot77

Members
the smaller calvus in the first video thats not fighting but is really close to the larger two fish is a female....

TOMMYN3D

Members
What catches my attention is the silvery little guy hanging around just to watch them fight.He leaves for a quick second when they stop and then return when they go back at it...LOL

Charlutz

Members
Keep an eye on them. If one of them backs down, it might end. Or not. They are deceptively peaceful most of the time, but they can kill each other. My dominant male comp killed all other male altos in a heavily rocked 7 foot tank. He just decided one day he didn't want to share the tank with them.

mdlnewman

Members
You're probably ok since the Brevis is acting as a ring judge. He should break up the fight when it gets dangerous.

Travis

Members
The aggression was nonexistent on Sunday. Also, mdlnewman you are right, the Lamprologus tend to get in the middle of the fights.