• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is this ich?

Digital

Members
Hope these photos are enough to make a judgment.

Marlin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1426426349018.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1426426365573.jpg

Digital

Members
No and he only developed these spots over night. He was in a quarantine tank before last night. I think it was stress induced. I'm kicking myself now cause i hadnt seen him attack food the last day of quarantine... i should have waited

I have him in a 10g sick tank now. Plan to treat with copper power green and api general cure.

Am starting the copper power green now but will wait for some opinions on adding the general cure to the treatment.

I also have metro infused flakes, tetra lifeguard and some pellets infused with tetraoxsomething (ill specify what it is later)

Marlin

thedavidzoo

Members
If it is ich, one of the most effective cures is high temps and added salt for a week+. It has been a long time (thankfully) that I have had any ich, so I'm not sure on the dosage anymore.

I'm not big on the use of a bunch of chemicals when cheap/natural remedies work just as well. My 2 cents.

Digital

Members
So I think I got the visibly sick fish out pretty early. He is in a 10g with a dose of copper power green. I've elevated the temp in my main tank to 86 and treating with salt. If any others develop white spots they'll get moved to the medicated tank.

Marlin

I aggree..

If it is ich, one of the most effective cures is high temps and added salt for a week+. It has been a long time (thankfully) that I have had any ich, so I'm not sure on the dosage anymore.

I'm not big on the use of a bunch of chemicals when cheap/natural remedies work just as well. My 2 cents.

I used this same technique in my tank and it worked. I will try to locate the instructions.. I have to start saving these in my documents for purposes such as these...

Jt731

Members
At 82 you speed up ich's cycle and at 86 it can't reproduce. Raise your temp no more than 2 degrees an hour and make sure you have air stones in the tank as the higher the temp the less oxygen in the water. You'll want to keep the temp high for at least a week after visual symptoms of ich.

Digital

Members
So all visible signs of ich are gone. The problem still remains that he won't eat.

I've tried feeding him some spirulina that is infused with metro and garlic, but he doesn't take it.

I was wondering if I should wait a few more days for the current ich treatment to finish, change water, and add epsom salt see if I can flush out anything in him.

Would it be okay to add epsom salt currently? Tank water currently dosed with copper power green, 2 tablespoons of salt per 5 gallon, and water temps at 86. All of the info above is related to my quarantine tank that has the one Vic that had ich spots.

Marlin

Digital

Members
Update:

Ich is gone, but the fish still isn't eating and is lethargic.

Did a 80% water change, keeping temps at mid 80s, and a double dose of metro. Fair amount of epsom and aquarium salt also. Hopefully this can resolve the internal parasite problem...

Marlin

Digital

Members
Well, it worked. After close to a month this Ruti Island started eating again about a week ago. Tonight he'll be transferred to a grow out tank to see how he handles being with other fish again. I'll leave him in this tank for a bit to regain some strength.

I really didn't think he would make it. He didn't eat for about a month, and he survived ich and an internal parasite.

Marlin