• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Is It a Zebra?

fischfan13

Banned
Store in Jersey is claiming to have a Zebra Pleco...
Is it?

292110_10150766465256878_183556846877_9358404_1318492898_n.jpg

toddnbecka

Members
Ya, L-46 pleco's have a very distinct pattern. Looks like a 1" juvie from the size of the fish relative to the gravel.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Between the pattern and the bright white, it looks like it to me.

Yup! It's a Zebra Pleco. How much did they want for it?

I'm going to San Diego next month and there is a place there that sells them. I'm hoping that they are cheaper at this store than what they post on AquaBid.

Arlene

Ouch! I think I'll buy mine in San Diego. I think that they are only $225 there. Of course I could also wait until the Catfish Convention where they are under $200.

Arlene

toddnbecka

Members
Way too much for an unsexed 1" juvie that you'll never see if there's decent cover in the tank. I love Hypancistrus pleco's, but they're nocturnal buggers and seldom visible by day.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Yeah... that's *way* overpriced imo.

I was really close to grabbing some "vat-raised" guys from Iquitos, Peru. They were decent-size for about $125 each. I couldn't justify pulling the trigger, considering shipping costs and the possibility of losses in shipping and acclimation.

Really glad I didn't do it as I'm pretty certain things would not have turned out well.

verbal

CCA Members
Zebra plecos are really cool, but there are a lot of other fancy plecos that are much better "bang for the buck"