• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

In search of Checkerboards and Scarlet Badis

Becca

Members
I've been hunting for Checkerboard Cichlids (Dicrossus filamentosus) and Scarlet Badis (Dario dario), or other varieties of badis. So far I haven't had much luck, although I did stumble upon one tiny Scarlet Badis at Tropical Lagoon the other day.

I've been out of the hobby a while, aside from keeping up my husband's 150 gallon piranha tank. It's sad to return and not be able to find my favorite fish!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of anyone breeding dicrossis in the club. I think that Jeff Rapps at Tangledupincichlids.com had something similar on his list this month.

You should check with Ms.Jinkzd for the badis. She's got all kinds of cool nano fish like that. She's a club sponsor.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Unless She got some since the meeting Saturday, Raechel doesn't have any right now...
The PVAS group is talking about doing a group buy for March, and Franks Aquarium, had some on his list.....
might check that out..
david

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i will be getting them soon, as well. Sorry I didn't respond last time, it is possible I didn't get teh message, as I am usually pretty good at responding! I do apologize!

Becca

Members
i will be getting them soon, as well. Sorry I didn't respond last time, it is possible I didn't get teh message, as I am usually pretty good at responding! I do apologize!

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. Kevin at Tropical Lagoon recommended you highly :).

Becca

Members
Got some at Tropical Lagoon yesterday - they seem very happy in my "duplex" bowl at the office.