• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Identify my cichlid please

chas10

Members
This was sold to me as a blue ram but I'm not so sure uploadfromtaptalk1366202843474.jpg

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1366202843474.jpg

chas10

Members
This might be easier to see. I bought two & one died about 10 min after putting them in & the other was much brighter & colorful. This one is not as yellow as the picture more of a cream color.

uploadfromtaptalk1366204514339.jpg

rams can be very sensitive. If one died within 10 minutes you, unfortunately, didn't acclimate sufficiently. I'd also suggest you double check your nitrates to make sure they are not too high. Folks in our club breed rams and they may be hardier than what you'd get in the LFS.

chas10

Members
The one that died had ich because I had an outbreak not long after & a few fish died but the other ram made it. I raised the temp to kill it off & it worked really well.

Ading522

Members
Looks like a GBR..how big was it when you got it? I think when you got it the colors were not as evident yet because it was still a juvie? Not an expert but that's what I think..