• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How's everyone doing?

dogofwar

CCA Members
The wind is whipping around here...seems to have picked up...but lights are still on (knock on wood)...

Matt

winds getting strong. I think it's something about the storm twisting around and slamming us and not so much NJ. But don't quote me on that.

Glad to hear some power going back up. that means they are seriously trying to stay ahead of things. that's good news.

rich_one

Members
So far, so good. Very strong winds... amazingly so, even. Lights flickered a couple hours ago, but otherwise, so far, so good. Everyone be safe!

-Rich

msjinkzd

invert junkie
my fish room is taking on water. We still have power, but it has been flickering. We have had over 4.5" so far (i too have a fish tank gauge). Worst is supposed to hit in about 3 hours here. I am tweaking a bit. Generator is wired up and ready to go, as well as a 35g drum of gas.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
my fish room is taking on water. We still have power, but it has been flickering. We have had over 4.5" so far (i too have a fish tank gauge). Worst is supposed to hit in about 3 hours here. I am tweaking a bit. Generator is wired up and ready to go, as well as a 35g drum of gas.

**** dude. So sorry to hear, Rach.

Im no doctor, but firmly believe that Yuengling may help reduce tweakage.

Hang in there, girl.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
The new generator rig...or Pepco?

Matt

Pepco, lol. Still on (knock on wood).

So far, so good. Very strong winds... amazingly so, even. Lights flickered a couple hours ago, but otherwise, so far, so good. Everyone be safe!

-Rich

Good stuff, bud.

Lost power about an hour ago. It took every extension cord in the house and 100 foot of airline but I've got all 15 tanks running.

Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

100 feet of airline! So you're saying that engineering degree was worth some good? ;)

We lost power about an hour ago...the new generator is working beautifully!

Score!

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Still no power back at my place. Ran out to get gas for the generator at 6 AM. There was power in Frederick but nothing around me.

It's cold this morning. Hope everyone is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JasonC

Members
Still no power this am. pretty cold in the house. Going to start rotating air pump around tanks, but an very worried about water temp.

Just heard that 5 water treatment plants lost power and are currently dumping an estimated
1 million gallons of sewage into the patuxaNT per hour. Ugh...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jason -- so sorry. I've wrapped tanks in blankets before. Also, if you have gas, you can slightly heat water and pour back in the tanks

JasonC

Members
Powers back on, fresh pancakes are in bellies, all fish seem to have made it through, all is well with the world again... Think we need to rethink storm plans though in the near future...

verbal

CCA Members
Powers back on, fresh pancakes are in bellies, all fish seem to have made it through, all is well with the world again... Think we need to rethink storm plans though in the near future...

Glad to hear that :)