• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How to keep colors

hotwingz

Members
So i know with a good balanced diet my fishes colors will be brighter and more vibrant, but is there other tips tricks or do i just need to let them mature some more before they get real pretty.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
It also depends on the fish. If you have a hyper-dominant male in the tank, other males will mute their color to avoid aggression issues. Some fish only show great color when in the presence of females. Some New World cichlids have a completely different color scheme when they are in breeding dress.

Your best bet is high quality food and clean water. Beyond that, its a case by case basis.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Conventional wisdom is rarely either...

...but this is all good advice from folks what know. I would add low stress which generally accompanies ample space, appropriate scaping and compatible tankmates. Like Matt (a.k.a. "Mad-Dog") Quinn says, "Just keep them happy" - they'll do the rest.

PS - If that doesn't work you can always try adding actinic lights and lots of chemicals. Sort of sounds like starting down the "Dark Side" path to me but some seem to swear by it.

:D

hotwingz

Members
Haha cool thats what i figured but yall seem to more about fish then i know about everything else! Ha so i figured id ask. But i know i need to change my lighting i ran out of money getting it set up. But it works for now so im trying to find what i want at the right price.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App