• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How Offten Do You Feed Your Fish?

How Offten Do You Feed Your Fish?

• Once daily.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Twice daily.

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Every other day.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Once weekly.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twice weekly.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • When ever I remember.

• My fish are lucky the get food.

• Total voters

Jumbie

Members
I like to feed my fish twice daily, when I first get home from work, and then a few hours later. I feed frozen/live at the first feeding and pellets or flakes at the second feeding. I usually fast my fish 1-2 days out of the week as well, and I never feed more than what they could eat in 2mins. When I have a day off like these past snow days, I would sometimes feed small portions of different foods up to 4 times a day lol.

Cartel

Members
Im veeery random with my feeding. Usually 1 to 2 times a day at whatever point in the day I feel like. Mostly around dinner time. I always remember as I sit down to eat to feed my fish for some reason. Sometimes they get food in the morning too. If I walk by and everyones beggin for attention then ill drop them a little to snack on also. Everyones nice and healthy so its working so far.

It depends on the tank and type of fish. My Fronts get fed once every couple of days and do not get fed for 5 days if I have had a female lay eggs. My Calvus every couple of days. My Malawi/Mbuna tank every morning they are pigs. My Leleupi and brichardi every morning. They would eat all day if I gave it to them. Its all about appetite, how much filtration, and how many fish per gallon.

longstocking

Members
Once a day..........

My new stunning fish Jumbie ;) ... they get a treat :lol: Twice a day :lol:

I guess I think they are special or something ;)

dogofwar

CCA Members
Usually 2-3 times per day: in the AM, evening when I get home and a couple hours later. Sometimes more on the weekends, depending on my schedule.

I try to fast them a day per week. And don't think anything of going a few days without feeding them...

Matt

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
Once a day..........

My new stunning fish Jumbie ;) ... they get a treat :lol: Twice a day :lol:

I guess I think they are special or something ;)
she must be talking about Frontosa :D

lmao did you see them in my tank? they were crazy... back on topic i spoil my fish, frozen food at night and if they will eat kens pellets in the morning... most of them turn their nose up at it though...
That's where I realized they were evil!

mrkillie

Members
Usually once a day. Very rarely more than once. If they are to get 2 feedings, dry food at first feeding when they are hungriest. Frozen or live later on.

Joel

Lively

Members
I actually misclicked when I voted... I'm the "my fish are lucky they get food" I meant to click, when I remember. Anya likes to help feed them, too - so they get small amounts 2-3 times a day and I fast them from time to time, too.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
depends on which fish. Some get fed multiple times a day. Invert tanks get fed 2x a week, the big boys get fed every other day, most of the rest daily.

How MAny Times?

Generally once a day. Sometimes twice. I also skip a day a week after live or frozen foood to clean their tummy's out

Brian