• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How many Fish shows / Conventions have you been to.

How many Tropical Fish Shows and/or Conventions have you been to.

• None and would never go to one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None but might ( looking forward to Aquafest09? )

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • 1 - 3

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • 4 - 6

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • 7 - 9

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 10 - 15

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • 16 + ( Hard core )

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I figure when 90% of your vacation and sick leave are devoted to fish conventions you may have a problem.

Hello, My name is Pat. I have a problem.

I figure I have been to 18 so far.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have been to aquafest and the catfish convention. I don't usually have the time or resources to attend the larger shows, though one day I will make it to the ACA.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
When your ready to check out a nice one that is not local, check the OCA right before Thanksgiving.
Hotel is usually $69.00 a night
I think last year I paid like $80 to register my wife and myself, one tshirt, the pizza banquet, and 3 fish in the show. cheap compared to most.
Its just south of Cleveland. Not a bad drive.

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
I think I've been to 8 OCAs and at least 8 ACAs not to count the two AKAs so when you throw in the other Jersey events I attended and the catfishfests - ****, my wife is right - I need to get a life. How do you figure in 8 collecting trips to Peru with the ninth in 2 weeks. I gotta be NUTS!

Soon I suspect I will grow slits in my cheeks for my gills.

George

When you travel how do you keep your fish happy and displaying their best colors? I worry about taking fish out of the house. I am interested to hear how you go about attending one with your fish and how you accommodate the fish during the trip.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I just pack em up and take them.

I try to take some fresh water from home with me but other than that...... Not much.

Most events I go to like the ACA and OCA, I go a day early. I pack the fish in the am, Drive to the destination and the first thing I set up some temp tanks in my room. Add some of the new water from home, then add the fish. I top the tanks with local water. I figure that this may help with the fish getting used to local water.
Yes you take a big chance. The first show I took to, I lost the fish..... Later on his son won Best of Show at the first Catfish convention.

They are fish..... You could come home tomorrow and it be dead in your tank. The idea is to enjoy your hobby. There are different parts of the hobby. Some people have show tanks, some do a lot of breeding, some show, and others do all 3. lol

Showing fish can be fun. In like 10 shows I have 3 Best of Show awards. And I don't even have "show fish". Some people have one fish per tank at home. All they do is show fish. They don't breed or have display tanks. They just raise show fish. lol

To me the hardest part of a fish show is getting the fish to heal when on the leash.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Well George, So far its just you and me that are nuts. lol

Heck I was just telling someone today that I only get 10 vac days and 5 sick days.
figure I am taking 6 days around the ACA
3 days around the OCA
1 or 2 days for Aquafest.

Turn around and use a couple days to pick up speakers at the airport and entertain them......
Don't leave much time for anything else.....lol

George

Well George, So far its just you and me that are nuts. lol

Heck I was just telling someone today that I only get 10 vac days and 5 sick days.
figure I am taking 6 days around the ACA
3 days around the OCA
1 or 2 days for Aquafest.

Turn around and use a couple days to pick up speakers at the airport and entertain them......
Don't leave much time for anything else.....lol
You are a very sick man my friend and I do not see a cure in sight. And when you are home and not doing water changes you seem to be on one long remodeling project. Now that sure sounds to me like a fellow who needs a fish club presidency to keep him busy next year. Idle hands are the tools of the devil.

George

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

longstocking

Members
lmfaoooooo

Only been to local ones so far... but I think I have been to 4 or 5?

That will change in 2 weeks :) I'm SO excited !

mrkillie

Members
Never been to the ACA, per se, but have been to at least 10 AKAs plus numerous others, like NJAS, GPASI several times, NEC Convention 2x, Catfish Convention, Norwalk AS, and several others.

Joel

jrpatter

Members
I go to 4-6 events a year. I have been to AKA, ACA, ALA, NANFA, Catfish, Aquafest, CAW, Atlanta Workshop, and probably a couple others I cant remember right now.

John

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I go to 4-6 events a year. I have been to AKA, ACA, ALA, NANFA, Catfish, Aquafest, CAW, Atlanta Workshop, and probably a couple others I cant remember right now.

John

And at all of these events you were missing shoes. lol