• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How many at a time for stocking?

I've got a 55 gallon tank with two African cichlids in it as of two days ago. I plan on putting 12 more in but don't know how to go about doing it. Should I put them in one at at a time or in groups?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ading522

Members
Depends on the cichlids. What are you anticipating getting in the 12?

Like rob said..it depends on the size.. Then there filtration,water movement/aeration, and types of cichlids you wanna stock -mixed? Aggressive? Species only? Many here would be able to help you if you give them your stocking ideas/list..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Raven20

Members
Like rob said..it depends on the size.. Then there filtration,water movement/aeration, and types of cichlids you wanna stock -mixed? Aggressive? Species only? Many here would be able to help you if you give them your stocking ideas/list..

Sent from my Xoom using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PM sent

verbal

CCA Members
If the fish you posted(brown spot) is in the tank, you want to get that sorted out first before adding fish.

When you are ready to add fish you want to add them at the same. However you need to quarantine first.

YSS

Members
If your tank is not cycled, smaller group at a time. If you are planning adding juvies, it should be fine.