• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

help with plant selection

daninmd

Members
I have a planted tank that has been setup a few weeks now. its a 20g high tank with potting soil substrate and small pebbles on top of the substrate. Lighting is a 10k LED fixture, with a total of 15w, so pretty bright, a total of 1500 lumens. No CO2 injection, its a low tech plant.

the plants I have in there right now are all doing great, but they are larger/bushier plants that are in the mid and back of the tank.

Looking for suggestions for some nice short foreground plants. Either something that would form a carpet or just stay nice and low and spread. also, if you got a recommendation on who to go to, or where to buy even better!

Any suggestions??

As of who to go to, GWAPA meeting and auction is best bet, otherwise I check out the marketplace on Aquatic Plant Central pretty regularly.

daninmd

Members
would micro swords work? really want something that will spread and cover up the foreground

will look into the crypts. I already have some Anubias in there

Depends on the actual plant you get that is being called a microsword. The real ones I havent had great luck in low light with but there are some sagitarria plants that work well, just tough to control the height.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
What Rob said. Carpet plants tend to need brighter lighting to prevent them from becoming "leggy".

There are some small crypts that, eventually, might create a ground cover. Crypt parva comes to mind.

Blaise