• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help with Magnum

Ok took my magnum off line to due the old dread routine maintenance and now i for whatever reason CANNOT get it to burp to start the water flow again. I have had this filter online for about three years and this is the first time i have had this type of problem with it. Has anyone experieced this before and if so what was your solution to correct it... BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE

bertolli

Members
If it's a 350 like mine I just shake it around and keep priming it.... Sometimes you do get that last stubborn bit of water at the top, what I do is let it run like that for a while and then turn it on and off a bit later and it usually comes out.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Did you clean out the impellar area? Is the impellar in fine shape? Sometimes the impellar comes apart or debris settles in the housing from being turned off, making it difficult for the filter to start up again.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I usually start the motor with both the intake and exhaust hoses closed. I'll then open the exhaust side only, wait about 10 seconds and open the intake line and it will prime itself. Its mostly about changes in pressure, so just play with opening and closing the lines if the impeller is clean.