• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help parasites.

Peacockbass

Hello all i have noticed some small (less then half inch) almost clear worms in a bare bottom grow out tank I have. They are about the diameter of a fine hair. there are lots of them and i am having trouble identifying them. I have tryed prazipro to kill them but they do not seem to be affected by it. anyone have and ideas what they are. It seems that the fish my have a slightly swollen belly and some waste is clear and stringy. So i asume this is a internal parasite that has hatched out and the worms are looking for a new host. Any information would be a big help. this is really bugging me cause i hate not knowing what is wrong. .

Thanks, Brian

Andrew

Members
Feed the fish Anti-Parasite food by Jungle. It has Praz, Metro and Levamasole and delivers the drugs right where they're needed. Siphon the others off the bottom. You might also try a bit of Epsom Salt. A quarter teaspoon per ten gallons.