• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Help! Fungus

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Have a male Placidochromis phenochilus that was getting his butt whooped... by the top female in the tank (go figure). Anyway, separated him two days ago in a 5 to recuperate and hit him with Melafix as he had a few bites in his side.

Last night, noticed a couple of "furry spots" on him, did a water change and hit him with Pimafix. Today, it's *BAD*. Lots of spots, lots of fur; chillin' at the bottom.

Here's what I have on hand: Maracyn, Maracyn 2, Clout, Meth blue, Formalin, Quick Cure (Mal Green).

Thinking not the Clout, Maracyn, Quick Cure or Formalin as they're anti-bacterial/parasitic.

So which one? Meth Blue, right?

Thanks in advance.....The fish looks like hell.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i would honestly think its a secondary infection and would go with a combo of maracyn and maracyn 2

msjinkzd

invert junkie
i really think pics would be very helpful. True fungus is really uncommon. Often secondary infections have a "tufty" look to them. In that case, without microscopic examination, your best bet is a broad spectrum (gram neg and gram pos) attack. Dropping temp is GREAT for columnaris (cotton wool disease) and most bacterial infections. Often salt can help stave off secondary issues as well, 2 tsp per gallon. Make sure you have any chemical media removed (carbon or purigen, etc) before addign meds.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Tony: Sometimes the Pimafix will knock it right off. I've got a bottle if you need some. I use it as cologne sometimes but I think I have some left ;)

Richard: Love the new avatar - I have a matching "Flama Blanca" ensemble....

Matt

Cartel

Members
This is what took down my huge compressiceps and champsochromis this summer after getting beat up while I was out of town. By the time I got home they had the fuzzy looking whatchamacallit on the wounds. It was too late in my case as they croaked less then a day later. Hopefully you caught in time and can save him.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks for all the advice, guys. Did a big water change, dropped the temp and added Maracyn last night. Went down to let the dogs out this morning and he was dead in the corner.

At least I'll know what to do next time something like this happens.

Thanks again.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Tony: Sometimes the Pimafix will knock it right off. I've got a bottle if you need some. I use it as cologne sometimes but I think I have some left ;)

Richard: Love the new avatar - I have a matching "Flama Blanca" ensemble....

Matt

Thanx Matt! Absolutely luv that show:D Man, you gotta sport the "Flama Blanca" Dude.:lol:

Tony, What's the status?