• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

hello! From Virginia Beach, Va

phishfriend

Members
Hello all!

New to this forum but not new to hobby. I have had fresh and salt tanks of all sizes and setups over the years.

I'm going to try my hand at breeding some German blue rams and if i'm luck some gold rams. Although from what I'v read the golds are iffy when it comes to breeding. I have bred Kribs in the past.

I though this may be a good forum for more info and first hand experience.

Tanks I'm presently running.

40g breeder planted
stock: pair German blue rams, pair gold rams and clown pleco
substrate: eco-complete
maineland 400 HOB
65000k lighting
diy c02

20g EXH guppy/shrimp factory for my daughter.
marineland 280 emp
gravel sub
planted tank
led lights

Also, several tanks for fry.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Welcome to the forum. Frank Cowherd is really successful in breeding rams. I'm sure he can offer some good advice.

How'd you find the forum?

Welcome to the CCA. Sounds like you've got a great set-up. I wish you luck on the success of the GBRs breeding for you. How is animal jungle doing there? Still a large supply of uncommon fish?

phishfriend

Members
Welcome to the CCA. Sounds like you've got a great set-up. I wish you luck on the success of the GBRs breeding for you. How is animal jungle doing there? Still a large supply of uncommon fish?

It is! I just got some rams from them. Going to see how they do. Was also thinking of ordering some from oddballfish.com. Have heard good thing about them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

phishfriend

Members
Welcome to the forum. Frank Cowherd is really successful in breeding rams. I'm sure he can offer some good advice.

How'd you find the forum?

A friend is on monster fish. so i joined monster. So I have the app from that. So this forum on the list. Figured your site was geared more to my intrest. Lol I don't plan on having a 350+ gal tank of killers. Not that there is anything wrong with it. Just not where I am in the hobby.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Welcome Jay:

Good luck with the Rams...
Mine just unloaded a huge clutch of eggs last week.... but the lizard cats seemed to bother them and they ate them... I think I will pull the eggs next time and try it without mom and dad..
I think the main thing was power feeding them good food, and they did all the work... Your tanks look great!!
david

phishfriend

Members
Welcome Jay:

Good luck with the Rams...
Mine just unloaded a huge clutch of eggs last week.... but the lizard cats seemed to bother them and they ate them... I think I will pull the eggs next time and try it without mom and dad..
I think the main thing was power feeding them good food, and they did all the work... Your tanks look great!!
david

What are you feeding them and what was your feed schedule if you don't mind me asking. I'v been alternating bloodworms and small pellet. They aren't digging the pellet to much.

turfboss

Members
Welcome to the forum - you should really contact Frank for info and breeding stock on the Rams - and if you can find it in your travel plans to make a trip to DC - we are meeting the third Saturday of the month in January - rest of the year it is normally the 2nd Saturday. Hope to meet you at some point. Good luck with those tanks they really look great.

phishfriend

Members
Welcome to the forum - you should really contact Frank for info and breeding stock on the Rams - and if you can find it in your travel plans to make a trip to DC - we are meeting the third Saturday of the month in January - rest of the year it is normally the 2nd Saturday. Hope to meet you at some point. Good luck with those tanks they really look great.

Thanks! I have pm'd frank already, lol. Also would love to get up to DC for a meeting.