• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello from Hyattsville

Statue

Members
My entrance to the hobby went like this:

Six year old daughter wins gold fish at carnival last summer

Dead gold fish replaced a few times before we really understand how big a tank gold fish really need

Bought female betta

I decide to get a 20L aquarium for my birthday because now I am obsessed with fish. Also I am working on a masters in sustainable landscape design so I decide to try a planted tank.

Betta placed in the community tank where she eventually ate herself to death (sigh!)

Now much better educated I have been successfully keeping bloodfin tetras, skunk cories and cherry shrimp.

Today bought an electric blue ram at Congressional where the salesman told me about this forum. Ram is doing great. I followed the very specific acclimation process.

I fear I'm headed toward MTS. I'm glad to have others to talk with about fish because my husband just glazes over.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Welcome to the forum! Hope you can make our Feb. Meeting and/or Aquamania.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mchambers

Former CCA member
First, I want to say what a great handle "Statue" is for somebody named Liberty.

Second, some of us that started in very similar ways to you. My daughter announced when she was 10 that she wanted to breed guppies, so Santa brought us a 10 gallon aquarium and we killed a few guppies until we figured out what we were doing.

Now she doesn't care about the fish very much, but I have 10 tanks.

Hope to see you at the February meeting!