• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello From Catonsville Baltimore Area

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Hi! My name is Marge Collins. I have been dabbling in fishkeeping as a hobby since I was 5. My first tank was a handmade steel and glass tank. It's size was determined by the length of the building materials. Guess it must have been around 70 gallons. My brother and sisters and I put all sorts of living things in it over the years. The one fish that lived through it all was a steel gray catfish we named 'Oscar'. Kissing gouramis, angelfish, tadpoles, minnows, catfish, guppies, frogs, turtles... you get the picture. I still have that original tank at my parents' house in Minnesota.

My main interest in fishkeeping at the moment is variety. I have a Central America cichlid tank, an African Lake Malawi cichlid tank, a planted community tank, and a stone gravel 'active' tank. (The last is really a catch all tank housing an assortment of daneos, catfish, convicts, and loaches. Don't know why they all get along but they do.)

I'd like to see more new members join the club and am making an effort to invite friends and neighbors from my Catonsville and Baltimore area to the CCA meeting in June.

marge

fishorangeswimming.gif

:rolleyes: Hi! My name is Marge Collins. I have been dabbling in fishkeeping as a hobby since I was 5. My first tank was a handmade steel and glass tank. It's size was determined by the length of the building materials. Guess it must have been around 70 gallons. My brother and sisters and I put all sorts of living things in it over the years. The one fish that lived through it all was a steel gray catfish we named 'Oscar'. Kissing gouramis, angelfish, tadpoles, minnows, catfish, guppies, frogs, turtles... you get the picture. I still have that original tank at my parents' house in Minnesota.

My main interest in fishkeeping at the moment is variety. I have a Central America cichlid tank, an African Lake Malawi cichlid tank, a planted community tank, and a stone gravel 'active' tank. (The last is really a catch all tank housing an assortment of daneos, catfish, convicts, and loaches. Don't know why they all get along but they do.)

I'd like to see more new members join the club and am making an effort to invite friends and neighbors from my Catonsville and Baltimore area to the CCA meeting in June.[/b]

hi..it was nice talkign to you the other day. Sorry I cant make it again..sigh...it must be a curse...seems like everytime i m planning to hit the meeting for the 1st time...damn in-laws, brothers, friends would come into town.....you live near me ! ..how big is your malawi tank? I would to check it out ...we can trade fish LOL...

Theresa_M

Members
Hello again. It was nice meeting you on Saturday and thanks again for the plants.

How large are the tanks you currently have?

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Hi! The malawi tank is 29 gallons. The Central Am tank is 75 gallons. I really prefer the larger tanks!

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif

cyradis4

Members
Hey!

I live in Baltimore, in the actual city on the west side..... Pretty close to Catonsville!

Welcome to the club and the board!

Amanda.

marge618

CCA member
Hey!

I live in Baltimore, in the actual city on the west side..... Pretty close to Catonsville!

Welcome to the club and the board!

Amanda.[/b]

Thanks! Good to know someone from West Baltimore! The board is becoming more and more interesting. Guess you have to 'post' to 'play'!

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif