• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Hello and Thanks From Silver Spring

Aperper

Members
Been a member for a few months now and attended my first meeting on Saturday, Jan 14. I must say that Kris W's talk was great (learned quite a bit) and was so appreciative of being welcomed by the CCA membership. I look forward to participating on a regular basis and bringing cash for the auction!

I set up my first African (Malawi) Cichlid tank this summer after many years of community tanks. I thought I knew fish, but wow are there a host of things to learn with these guys. It's a 75 gal tank that has about 14 mixed fish (mostly in the 3 inch range). I've planted it with a number of plants; many are sword varieties.

This tank has become my after work meditation. the dog appreciates it most as after 15 - 20 minutes staring into the tank, I'm ready for a long walk with her.

Besides this new hobby, I enjoy brewing beer, gardening (indoors and out), raising two teen boys (not always enjoyable), politics and reading.

Thanks again,

Allen

marge618

CCA member
Welcome to CCA Allen. Glad you came to the meeting. Hope you can bring your boys to a meeting one day soon.