• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Have you ever bought fish off the internet.

Have you ever ordered fish from the internet

• Yes, with great results.

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • Yes, with mixed results.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Yes, with terrible results.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • No, but may.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No, would never buy that way

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Have you ever bought fish off the internet.

Please do not bad mouth anybody.

Just interested in how many of you have.

kbeaudean

Members
We have ordered a couple times from Reserve Stock with GREAT results!! Our next order will be from Daves in a couple weeks! By ordering online you can get hard to find fish.

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
NO FISH, but I have gotten quite a few killifish by mail ordered from AKA published list of what members had available. ALso I have gotten live rock ordered via the internet that I went to the airport to get from air freight. I was never disappointed.

Always got something I could not get locally.

lonlangione

Members
The internet has really been great for the hobby. I found some AKA & ACA trading posts from the 70's. I was 15 when these came out. I would go to the mailbox everyday to see if they we're there. Then I would write a letter and put a check in an envelope and send it off. Sometimes a week or more later I would get the envelope back telling me that the fish I ordered were all sold. Or I would get a phone call telling me that the fish were being sent out in a day or so. The time lag between the ordering and receiving was about two weeks. Now you can order fish on Monday and pay for them Monday and have them on Wednesday!!!!!!!!

I have never had any bad experiences with shipping or receiving fish. You just have to do your homework first.

Lonny

BevN

Members
I've gotten some really neat stuff. Only time I had a problem was because of the postal service. Sellers have been really great to deal with. I've gotten goo obi gobies, corys, angelfish, plecos, shrimp..all kinds of things I'd never find in the LFS. Yep..will do it again. Nothing like fish in the mailbox to brighten ones day!

Cartel

Members
I dont like to as id rather see the fish first but if you do your research youll end up good. Also for some reason I hate paying for shipping something about it plus when you find it locally you usually get better deals. First time I ordered fish was a few weeks ago and something about waiting for them to get here was exciting/nerve racking.

All in all from the right person for the right price ill do it again.

cmcpart0422

Members
Twice but had a doa one time. The place promised live arrival and offered to replace the fish but I had to pay the shipping. A $7 fish wasn't worth another $40 of shipping.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I just recently did for the first time and it worked out well. Some stuff I wanted but couldn't find was readily available online and much cheaper than I expected. I prefer to order juveniles because I have read they handle the shipping process easier.

kbp213

Members
I've purchased a total of 7 fish from Jeff Rapp and Ken Davis. No issues here and all of them were of great quality. I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them.

I have ordered some form Julie, and they were great! All arrived alive! I would definetly do it again. Now as far as saltwater fish goes, I would not! They are so sensitive and you have to, depending on the species(since most come from the wild), acclimate for 2-4hours and everything needs to be perfect for them to go into the quarantine or display tank. Freshwater fish I would buy again online, saltwater no!

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
"Twice but had a doa one time. The place promised live arrival and offered to replace the fish but I had to pay the shipping. A $7 fish wasn't worth another $40 of shipping"

that has been the major deterrent with me. the fish have a nice prie but the shipping is a killer. that and the fact i like to personally see my fish in a tank swimming and pick the fish i like. ive heard and seen some great fish come offline though. im sure sooner or later i will but i havent had the need to as of yet.

maddog10

Members
I have purchased about 50 SW fish online and only lost 1 (in the first week). I float the bag to equalize the temperatures and into the tank they go. I have probably been getting fish online for nearly a decade.

Yes, online purchasing is better when you have more people ordering to defray the cost of shipping. I've ordered fish numerous times online and most of the time all was well.

Gerard