• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Has any one ever used Marineland Magnum 350 Canister Filter

I'm thinking about buying one for my 75 gallon that and can not get to clear up because of the water polishing, has any one ever used one of these

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I have used one about ten years ago. If water polishing is what you are after, I would save the $$ and buy a powerhead with a quick filter (micron filter) attachment.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Someone gave me one once upon a time

The design was so tortured I never even tried it out before passing it along. All I remember was a lot of rigid tubing requiring far more space than was remotely necessary. It would work as well for polishing as anything else however, depending on what you put inside it.

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have both a magnum 350 and two 250's. The 350 I use with poret. I hate how the impellers are unprotected. They are easily damaged if a gravel or sand gets down in the housing. At 35 a impeller they are not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Before retiring mine, I found that the mechanical filtration would get clogged up very quickly, which led to the carbon box in side to get squished (making a mess in the process). It works, but maintenance is not easy and I prefer other designs with more mechanical surface area.

Not a huge fan of canisters, but Rena makes some nice ones that are efficient and easy to clean.

Prince - How have you modded yours to work with poret? Did you do away with the little box that sits down on the impeller intake?

mchambers

Former CCA member
I've got Poret in most of my Eheim canisters. Doesn't require any modification, luckily, other than cutting some foam in the right shape.