• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Halloween

iamzrad

Members
With halloween coming up, what's everyone's plans?
Any good costume ideas?

I am attemping to recreate one of the daft punk helmets (sans all the crazy electronics). I haven't decided which one yet, but leaning towards the silver one since I have no idea where to find/make a visor that large on the gold helmet.
daft-punk-helmets.jpg

How-to-Make-a-Daft-Punk-Helmet-Guy-Manuel-de-Homem-Christos-in-17-Months-by-Volpin-Props.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I shaved my mustache off over the weekend.
I am already in costume. LOL
Well at least people are getting a good laugh here at work.

WendyFish

Members
I have yet to find out if they're doing it this year again, but last year Ethan and I went to the Halloween party at The Gibson in DC. If you're not familiar with it, it's a speakeasy style bar in the U Street corridor. On a normal night, it's kind of a love or hate sort of thing, either you can get into the vibe and love a good vintage drink, or others think it's pretentious and annoying. To each his own, BUT. The Halloween party is amazing. For a fixed price (a little pricy on the surface but not when you consider what you really get for it in 6 hours of the party) they have food and a bonfire on their porch and each of their several bars has several different (awesome) drinks being served up.

If that sounds like anyone's thing go check it out (best place to scope them is on Facebook due to the speakeasy incognito thing). Ethan and I will be there, as Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat (the plush variety if I find one). :D

gliebig

Members
When we hand out candy, I slowly walk down the hallway towards the door wearing my Michael Meyers mask. I don't know what it is about that mask, but people freak out over it. I don't jump at them or even say a word. Kids will drop their bags and go running down the sidewalk. There's usually a half dozen or so that run to their parents and start crying. I have to take the mask off and walk candy down to them.

gliebig

Members
This is a pumpkin I carved last year in memory of our 11yr old yellow lab that we had to put down a few weeks prior.

Oliver.jpg