• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Halloween Carvings...

chris_todd

Members
Oh, yeah, like anyone is going to post pictures of their lame-arse pumpkins after you post pics that awesome! :D Seriously, though, those are friggin awesome! I was kinda proud of having done Yoshi so it was recognizable, LOL, but I'm not gonna try competing with that!

mrkillie

Members
Thanks everyone. Nemo and Dory were done by my 9 year old daughter. She's getting pretty good. She got very little help from us-she gets quite upset when we try to help her.:)

I too am getting better at this I think. The pattern for Marilyn actually called for the cut part to be totally cut out, but I went with the scraping option because I could see that the very fine parts would be gone if I cut through. I also enlarged the pattern and got a bigger pumpkin this year to make some of the carving a little easier.

If Halloween falls on Sat or Sun, our area has trick or treating on the Friday before, so we had to get them done by tonight. I think some of you will be doing some carving over the weekend, so let's see some others!

mrkillie

Members
Very cool! Did you use a dremel to do that?

No, I use a cheap wood carving tool set that I got for like $5 for a boxed set of about a dozen tools off the Cummings (sp?) tool truck when it came to town a few years back. I don't know if they come to this area or further south - got them when I lived in upstate NY for the sole purpose of pumpkin carving.

gliebig

Members
I usually do 3 or 4 pumpkins, but wasn't feeling in the spirit this year.. + I was in the middle of emptying the tank today. Felt kinda bad about it, so I took a break from the tank and busted out a Yoda....

"Away put your candy" :p

IMG_0884[1].JPG

mrkillie

Members
I usually do 3 or 4 pumpkins, but wasn't feeling in the spirit this year.. + I was in the middle of emptying the tank today. Felt kinda bad about it, so I took a break from the tank and busted out a Yoda....

Cool. I did a Darth Vader a few years ago, my second year of carving. It came out OK.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres

"Away put your candy" :p

Schweet.