• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Group Order: Compact Fluorescent Bulbs

I have offered to put together a group order of Compact Fluorescent bulbs across GWAPA/PVAS/CCA as there was some interest expressed on PVAS forum and I put together the last group order that GWAPA participated in. I will post the details of the bulbs and spectrums available as soon as I have the specifics from the gentleman I purchased them from last time. To give an estimate, GWAPA purchased about 50 bulbs and the cost for the 55w/65w(21" bulbs) was about 7 dollars and the 96W (33" bulb) was about 8.50 or so. I dont know how much his prices have changed and what he has available but should have some specifics up by the middle of the week. I would probably try to have this delivered at the first meeting of the new year as I dont believe I will be able to make this happen by the December potluck.

Thanks
Rob

It appears the gentleman I dealt with for the bulbs last time shut down for the thanksgiving holiday as he has feedback on his ebay profile up to today but does not have anything listed currently. Hopefully he will get in touch with me once Thanksgiving is past. I will keep this updated.

Thanks
Rob

I have enough from other groups to go ahead and place this order. If you are interested in anything this gentleman has and would like to order I am going to place this order on 10 Feb. Please look his ebay section over and let me know. I will arrange for any items ordered to make it to the March meeting whether I can be there or not.

Thanks
Rob

Sonny Disposition

I just bought a 21 inch, 65 what compact florescent and it was $40 retail. The fixture uses two, but I only bought one. Could we get them for a lot less than that with a group order?

I'm interested. I have to check the list and my lights. I'll let you know very soon.[/b]

Stores around here vary from $14 to $25 for a single 21" bulb. The last time "we"(GWAPA) ordered, the 21" bulbs were about $7.00 and the 33" 96W bulbs were about $8.50 each. He has a variety of spectrums so that you should be able to find one that suits the type of tank that you are using. Look over his listings and let me know.

Thanks
Rob

Sonny Disposition

Robert, I clicked on the link you posted in the earlier post and didn't see any 21 inch compact tubes. Did I miss something? Am I doing something wrong?

Stores around here vary from $14 to $25 for a single 21" bulb. The last time "we"(GWAPA) ordered, the 21" bulbs were about $7.00 and the 33" 96W bulbs were about $8.50 each. He has a variety of spectrums so that you should be able to find one that suits the type of tank that you are using. Look over his listings and let me know.

Thanks
Rob[/b]

JustRon

Members
What if I wanted these as well?

2x Odyssea EX350 Aquarium Pump/Powerhead + Bonus!

Does he have any other fixtures, 48" just two bulbs, dont want to go 99 per light fixture.???

ODYSSEA 48" 260W Aquarium Power Compact Light 3 cords

wondernig about this one.
Odyssea 48" 108W Aquarium T6 HO Compact Light & Bonus

Also a 36" fixture?

animicrazy

Members
I'll need some lights. I'm a little stupid on this topic but I'll figure out what I need by next weekend.

I'll bug Dave - plant people know lights like nobody's biz!!

Cheers to GWAPA!!

Paul.

What if I wanted these as well?

2x Odyssea EX350 Aquarium Pump/Powerhead + Bonus!

Does he have any other fixtures, 48" just two bulbs, dont want to go 99 per light fixture.???

ODYSSEA 48" 260W Aquarium Power Compact Light 3 cords

Also a 36" fixture?[/b]

I can put those in with the order, last time there were some orders for filters and skimmers so it shouldnt be a problem. He gave us a small discount on the items that werent bulbs. The big savings of course is in the shipping costs.

When I go to submit the order I can ask him if he has any other 48" options, other than the 260 W Compact Fluorescent and the 108W T6 fixture. By Also a 36" fixture, I am assuming you mean a two bulb fixture of those as well?

Thanks
Rob

I'll need some lights. I'm a little stupid on this topic but I'll figure out what I need by next weekend.

I'll bug Dave - plant people know lights like nobody's biz!!

Cheers to GWAPA!!

Paul.[/b]

I am also one of those "plant people" so ask any questions you have and I should be able to answer them.

Thanks
Rob

animicrazy

Members
"I am also one of those "plant people" so ask any questions you have and I should be able to answer them.

Thanks
Rob"

No offense Rob - and thanks! Although you may end up hating me. :lol:

Paul.

JustRon

Members
Well, I would like some better lighting for some 3', 4' and 6' tanks. I am not going to go plant heavy in many of them, but I do prefer quality lighting. Are you aware of any reivews as to cost of running PC lighting over regular flourescent, any reviews on the T6 lighting he has. I will do some searches, but that is where I am on this stuff for now.

The bulb prices are great and the lighting is nice. I will do some more looknig into this. I hope to get some items though.

animicrazy

Members
Good thought Ron - I've sat down with a calculator, my electric bill, pen and paper, and figured (from an appliances rated wattage - what you pay for) and over time things that run 8 hours a day (2920 hours/year) can really add up.

If you get some wattage/output ratings I'll help with the math (not that you need it) !

A chart for people to look at would be useful.

Paul.

maddog10

Members
Ron,

I think these fixtures are low quality. Bulbs should be fine. Search the Internet for reviews on these fixtures before you buy.

I am going to extend the order period to the 12th as I have to work all day on the 10th and 11th between the two jobs so wouldnt be able to finalize stuff anyway. If I have already spoken to you or you posted on here you do not need to repost. I will summarize on the 12th to make sure that I got everyones order before placing it.

Thanks
Rob

Sonny Disposition

Rob, I'll order if I can the bulbs on the link you sent. So far, I've been unsuccessful. I need 21 inch bulbs, 6700 K, 55 watts (or 65 wats.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robert Peterson @ Feb 8 2008, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am going to extend the order period to the 12th as I have to work all day on the 10th and 11th between the two jobs so wouldnt be able to finalize stuff anyway. If I have already spoken to you or you posted on here you do not need to repost. I will summarize on the 12th to make sure that I got everyones order before placing it.

Thanks
Rob[/b]