• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Group of 9-10 juvenile Australaheros oblongums

Plenipotentiary-at-large
One to two inches, great New World species, play well with others, amazing colors. Generally enjoy rehoming fish but these are so cool it's hard to let them go and as this is the last group would really like to move them someplace where they'll be appreciated. Can bring to meeting.

A. oblongum.jpg

chriscoli

Administrator
These are awesome-looking fish! I have a group of juvies from Sam, and they are growing really fast!

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Maybeso

Would they play nice in my 58 with the apistos?

Probably, at least for a few months. Have never seen them badger anybody but their own kind, but in a relative sense they do get pretty good-sized, perhaps enough so as to be too intimidating to allow your Apistos to spawn. Am really hoping you're going to spawn those bitaeniatas - WC (thank you Frank/Michael) and with that sharply elongated violet finnage might be the most attractive Apisto I've ever seen. Mine have spawned twice but the babies keep disappearing - tiniest Apisto fry I've ever seen - one of us is just going to have to figure it out...

OK, I rescind my question! My little girl apisto is not yellow anymore. So don't know the situation with them. If there have been eggs, I've not seen them. She and boy don't interact much, as far as I can tell.