• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Greetings from Treinta y Tres, Uruguay

dogofwar

CCA Members
I arrived in Urugay yesterday (Saturday) morning after and overnight flight...a short drive from Montevideo´s new (spectacular) new airport to Felipe´s... a change of clothes...and we were on our way to collect.

Yesterday afternoon, we collected in Arroyo Santiago (India Muerta) were we caught a bunch of Gymnogeos, a new golden Oto (Hisonotus actually), some punctata and other pikes...and then stayed the night in a little ranch town called Vallasquez. It´´s basically Uruguayan Deadwood!

Today we collected a stream at the headwaters of India Muerta and found some new Gymnogeos and Cory cats. We then headed up Ruta 15 and collected half a dozen small streams under little bridges. All sorts of fun adventures... After lunch and a water change overlooking the Rio Olimar. Went for a nice swim... and then on to 33 (Treinta y Tres).

Staying at a really nice hotel in 33...and about to head to a nice parilla (think more beef than you can ever eat).

Tomorrow we´re going to Rio Olimar and Laguna de Arnaud. Nice!

Matt

mscichlid

Founder
Have fun Matt! Collect, collect and collect some more. Tell Felipe I said hello and I can't wait to meet him again...in this country. :)

rich_one

Members
Wow... cool, Matt! Hope we can see some pics soon, man! Sounds like your having a blast already!

-Rich

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Sounds like you really hit the ground running... only been there for a day and already hit up a bunch of cool spots. Good for you, Matty.

Like I said, I have dibs on any native mbuna you may find down there. ;)

Be safe and have fun.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Have a blast in Uruguay! Looking forward to pictures (theres no glass to have to clean down there). Whats the weather like down there?

dogofwar

CCA Members
In Centurion, which is on the Eastern Border with Brazil, it was 80s during the day with a little breeze. Probably low 60s at night. Very comfortable. It´s the end of summer.

Centurion is the absolute middle of nowhere. We stayed in a house with only solar electricity...no cell...no nada. Wonderful 70 plus year old gauchos riding horses, eating REAL tomatoes and living life. Fishing was fun too. We caught a new variety of wild brasiliensis...among other awesome fish.

Have a blast in Uruguay! Looking forward to pictures (theres no glass to have to clean down there). Whats the weather like down there?