• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Golden Eyed Dwarf, Help Please On This Fish?

I

ingg

Hello!

Having recently found this forum and a new fishkeeper, I'm looking for some help.

My LFS had some small Golden Dwarf Cichlids. I put a pair into my 55 gallon.

The 55 gallon is moderately planted along with lots of rock making caves, and houses 6 Kathyth Danio, 2 Gourami, a CAE, and now a pair of Golden Eyed Dwarf.

This male dwarf is simply stunning! He is changing colors at will seemingly, from golden to bluish to grey, and also producing a black line along his body which at other times is completely gone. The female is almost never seen, always hiding in the rock caves or very near them.

I would love to put another pair into the tank. I do not know if they will behave like some of the lesser aggressive dwarf and allow this, or if I am asking for trouble. I also do not know if they are monogamous or if they are harem breeders, so do not know if I can have extra females.

Does anyone have experience with these fish they might share?

I am close to done with stocking this tank, looking to place one more pair of dwarf cichlid of some kind, hopefully another pair of Golden, but if they would be allowed by the current residents... Anyone have some advice - if another pair of Golden Eyed would not work, is there another relatively peaceful Cichlid I might keep, Keyholes, some type of Apisto...help!

Thanks!

ingg