• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Gobies???

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Since they're herbivorous, I think most keep them with tropheus. I've never kept them, but I believe they will benefit from lots of rocks and water movement as they come from very shallow waters.. similar to trophs.

longstocking

Members
You can keep them with a lot of tangs... the few exceptions..

Leleupi... and others related to them.

Some shellies don't do well with them either... but a large enough tank can combat that.

They can be fed a pretty varied diet.... but yes, they are either herbivores or omnivores.... the smallest is more of an omnivore and does better with a 'meatier' diet.

Last edited:

Julie

Members
I think that tank could be awesome... and also it could be difficult, it depends on the individual fish (yes, they can behave differently depending on wild caught vs tank raised), tank decor, size, etc.

Good luck with it, and keep asking questions and getting help. But remember, it's your tank!! enjoy :)

mdlnewman

Members
Picked up a pair of wild blue gobies from littleafrica

picture.php

Male gets into his first fight...with himself
picture.php

Female in her hidey hole
picture.php

mdlnewman

Members
He can't make up his mind about her. Is nice then mean. Hopefully they will settle in.

So I'm wondering. Since these 2 are obviously not a mated pair, would it be a good idea to track down another female? Maybe with 2 females he wouldn't pick on the one so much. Or am I just being too impatient?

mdlnewman

Members
All I know is he picks on her nonstop, I put a divider in at first and have now moved her to another tank. I will leave her there until I get a few more females then I'll put them in with him all at once.