• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Glass cracked and can't open this dang jar!

cholile

Members
1. The glass top to my tank cracked and I need to replace it. It's just a piece of clear glass rectangle that is 30.5" long, just over 5.25" wide, and 1/4" thick. Anywhere I can get a piece of glass cut to those measurements for not too much money?

2. I bought some PVC cement (Oatey) since the pvc pipes for my sump will not be water tight without it. However I cannot seem to open the jar. Anyone have this problem? Know a solution?

emartin

Members
I've had pvc cement jars that were tough to open.

Just keep trying, it'll come lose eventually.

Or, just return it for undisclosed reasons lol

For the glass, just get quotes at a couple glass shops.

MAKE SURE you get the glass edged though (unless you want to buy sand paper and do it yourself). Otherwise it will be jagged and very sharp.

cholile

Members
Thanks. I'm thinking of bringing the jar back and asking them to open it for me or to get me another can and open it. This is just ridiculous.

As for the glass, thanks for the tip.

Anyone know of any glass shops in the Silver Spring area?

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
Miles Glass a Piney Branch Road and Baron Street. Next to the rec center. That is were I always go.

cholile

Members
I'll look into that glass shop.

As for the can, I brought it back to HD. 3 to 4 of their biggest guys gave it a go and couldn't get it open. They tried another can or two and couldn't get them open. They took one to the back room where I think they had those channel locks and got it open. So all is well on that front.

Now my only problem is the sump is extremely noise. The noise is all the water draining into the pvc pipe and then spilling into the sump.