• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Getting back into it.

gotsnopa

Members
Hi everyone,

I have had fresh and saltwater tanks for years but have not had my tanks up and running for a few years. Just got one of my 55 gallon tanks back up and running. I think I am going to make it a small male Cichlid show tank. But need to do a little research on which ones I can mix.

Travis

verbal

CCA Members
Hi everyone,

I have had fresh and saltwater tanks for years but have not had my tanks up and running for a few years. Just got one of my 55 gallon tanks back up and running. I think I am going to make it a small male Cichlid show tank. But need to do a little research on which ones I can mix.

Travis

For a 55 gallon tank, you want to look for some of the smaller and less aggressive Peacocks and Haps. Also Victorian haps should work pretty well too.

You may also consider some of the smaller less agressive mbuna. One potential issue with a lot of the less agressive mbuna is the males and females look pretty similar.