• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Get Your Table for The BFD Now!

chriscoli

Administrator
Lookin' great!

Becca and Alexandra
Dan
Reed
Holy Rock of Texas
PVAS
GWAPA
CCY
Tangled up in Cichlids
Batfish
Larry Tagrin
Stith Aquatics
Zack
Frank Cowherd

dogofwar

CCA Members
Yes - the more sellers the better! Thanks to everyone who's signed up for a table.

If you're planning to buy, sell, or trade at The Big Fish Deal, please get a table (or split one with a buddy)...

As you can imagine, reserving the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton in Gaithersburg for all day on a Sunday isn't free... and organizing an event of this magnitude is an immense undertaking... please respect the club and your (all volunteer) club leadership who spend the time and the effort to make such a great event possible... to say nothing of the hobbyists and vendors who reserve tables... by signing up for a table if you're going to buy, sell or trade at the event.

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Should be sell or trade. You can, of course, buy without a table :)

Matt

Yes - the more sellers the better! Thanks to everyone who's signed up for a table.

If you're planning to buy, sell, or trade at The Big Fish Deal, please get a table (or split one with a buddy)...

As you can imagine, reserving the Grand Ballroom at the Hilton in Gaithersburg for all day on a Sunday isn't free... and organizing an event of this magnitude is an immense undertaking... please respect the club and your (all volunteer) club leadership who spend the time and the effort to make such a great event possible... to say nothing of the hobbyists and vendors who reserve tables... by signing up for a table if you're going to buy, sell or trade at the event.

Matt

davidhusker

Members
Anybody reading this want to split a table? If you've already purchased I can fund the half or if you have not registered I can get the table and you can pay me when we get there. Let me know via PM or email. Thanks, just a tank full of fronts and a couple random Africans to sell.

skanda

Members
I believe all seller planning to sell at the BFD will need to bring their own tanks, filters etc.... for their tanks? Is there a limit to the tank sizes that they can bring? 40G etc..

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I believe all seller planning to sell at the BFD will need to bring their own tanks, filters etc.... for their tanks? Is there a limit to the tank sizes that they can bring? 40G etc..

Most people bag fish before hand and lay them out on the table for sale like an auction.
The problem with having tanks is that you will have to bag the fish while people wait, bring everything and you are not guaranteed electric for filters or heaters etc.
Remember that you only be set up for a few hours. You need to take down also. LOL

All that being said, I have used a couple tanks or plastic containers the last couple years myself. Probably will again since I will be staying in the hotel and the fish will be in those containers all weekend anyway.

chriscoli

Administrator
I got some interesting feedback last year. I pre-bagged my fish.....and sold a lot, but I also had several people comment that they didn't like buying pre-bagged fish because they couldn't see them as well. I guess there's something missing from the sale when you don't get to watch someone catch your fish.

I have no idea if it helped or hurt my sales.....I'm just saying that I got that feedback from a few people.

lkelly

Members
I got some interesting feedback last year. I pre-bagged my fish.....and sold a lot, but I also had several people comment that they didn't like buying pre-bagged fish because they couldn't see them as well. I guess there's something missing from the sale when you don't get to watch someone catch your fish.

I have no idea if it helped or hurt my sales.....I'm just saying that I got that feedback from a few people.

Perhaps a petting zoo area off to the side to let people get comfortable.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Chicago has all bagged fish. Its the biggest one.
Tanks are a lot more work. But it works for me. LOL

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Reed:

There are outlets around the perimeter of the room and with the layout we had last year, most table could run extension cords to get to the table. I'll be sending out info on room layout in the next week or two, but we should be able to accommodate your request. You'd have to bring your own cords.

Jon

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Hey Folks:

I sent out welcome emails to everyone who has registered for a table. If you registered for a table (or think you did) and didn't get an email from me, shoot me a PM and we will get it figured out.

There are still several tables available, so get one today!

Jon