• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Thoracochromis brauschi juvies...and adults

Rasta Fish

Members
Yes, they are an awesome fish!!
I wanted a group awhile back but unfortunately i don't have the room for them now
Where is Kevin, I know he was interested in those guys once up on a time

dogofwar

CCA Members
Esther - how many did you have in the spawn?

I'd advise anyone who wants to work with these to get the whole batch and build a female-heavy group (probably 2M/however many females). A 40B or better a 4' tank would work great.

Extra males are stunning red-throated beauties that max out at about 4" and fit in nicely with Vics, peacocks, haps or milder mbuna (among others).

Matt

thedavidzoo

Members
Matt, I have ~13 in this batch but have another 2 week old spawn of about 44 fry!
I sure hope there are some females in there somewhere!

dogofwar

CCA Members
That's great - definitely some girls in there!

I'd bet that you'd cut somebody a good deal if they got all 13 ;)

Matt

QuarterMiler

Members
I had a group of these up until recently. They are real beauties but can be pretty nasty to each other at times. As is the case with my luck in getting initial groups, I wound up with all males. I'd also advise, as Matt stated, to get a larger group, the one thing I didn't do(I started with 6). For whoever gets them, it might be worth softening the water just a bit to see if the broods are not as male heavy as some writings suggest.