• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS or Ft Fx5 and Eheim 2260

dustin

Members
Fx5 might need a new impeller but not positive. It's making a buzzing noise but still operates just fine. It's full of media. Eheim 226o well I can't say enough good about it. This thing is one awesome canister. It filters my 225 flawlessly. Make me an offer on one or both. Open for trades too. Lookin mainly for saltwater equipment but lemme k ow what u have and we shall see! Pm me ur number and I'll call you. Also have othe things fs or ft. Thinning out some stuff. Im sellin these and goin to sumps. Have any sumps?

what price would you want for the eheim straight purchase???? i love eheim canisters and in the process are trying to outfit all my tanks with them...

dustin

Members
Yea sorry guys for not updating. Both filters are still for sale. Make me an offer. All I know is that the Eheim blows the fx5 outta the water! So if a used fx5 goes for around $150 used, I'm thinkin I'd prob want at least $225 for the Eheim. Yes, it's that much better IMO. Lemme know what ya think.

mdlnewman

Members
Need any computer equipment? I would love to have another fx5 but can't afford right now. I have 2 19" LCD monitors not doing anything and I'm sure I have other stuff(geeks always have too much computer stuff)

Plenipotentiary-at-large
One may but a new 2260 for $200 online (free shipping, no media)...

...used ones regularly go for around half that on Ebay.

dustin

Members
Then I'll keep it. Guess you'll have to buy em off eBay then. I looked and didn't find a new for any less than like $354. I dunno where u found one on eBay but I couldn't find one. They don't even make this model anymore. I was just comparing it to the fx5 IMO so I based my price offthe fx5 used.

M

mshill90

Dustinn may be thinking of the Eheim 2262- which is what sells for $400+ that is no longer made.

toddnbecka

Members
The 2262 was the same filter housing as the 2260, but had a higher flow rate. The 2260 is an expensive filter if bought new.

M

mshill90

The 2262 was the same filter housing as the 2260, but had a higher flow rate. The 2260 is an expensive filter if bought new.

The 2260 can be bought new with shipping and extra materials for $200-$250 on ebay. For filtering, thats not that expensive.

M

mshill90

Link to the item? All I can find for 2260 on e-bay are parts, aside from one buy it now for $547.15

It's actually not on ebay. I found the thread on another forum, and went to the site from there... I am looking for the site now.

dustin

Members
Here's some links that I found mshill90. All that's right I already text them to ya a week ago. Maybe u forgot. You have no idea what ur talking about. Please don't interfere w my thread anymore unless you have the research to back up your thoughts. I'd hate for this to get personal. Post some links so everyone can see what exactly it is that your trying to prove. Here are some prices I found. Dunno if that's w media and shipping tho.more than likely not. Mine comes w media. Dont remember what in there but must b good **** cause it's crystal clear. U saw it. Lol how much u wanna give me?

EHEIM FILTER 2260-38
$385.00 - OnlinePetDepot.com
Filter 2260-38 - Eheim Products
$365.77 - PetBlvd.com
Eheim filter 2260 38
$483.64 - Pets Warehouse