• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Hognose Snake

Greg31

Members
I purchased the snake last year at the Charlotte, NC Repticon. He is very friendly and I have never even thought he would bite me. Very very gentle and nice snake.

When I purchased him I was told he was a het albino which means he has albino in his blood (for breeding purposes).

He can multiple fuzzies or a hopper. Frozen or live.

I bought him a year ago as a baby (no more then 6 inches) for $50. I would like to get $75 for him. I will sell 10g, substrate, reptile water bowl and the heater under tank for $110.

hog1.jpg

hog2.jpg

hog3.jpg

hog4.jpg

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Cool snake, but my wife would totally freak out if I tried to bring one into the house. Good luck with the sale.

Greg31

Members
Ha, yeah, I used to hate snakes. Once you realize they really dont want to hurt you then you get used to them somewhat. Even better with these guys, is there defense is to play dead. Youtube it, its pretty amusing.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
They don't bite in self-defense...

...unless maybe you stick pins in them. They will however perform the most convincing "I'm deal and totally unpalatable" routine you'll ever see - right after it becomes apparent that their "I'm a cobra" and/or rattlesnake" imitations aren't going to work. They also eat toads - one of the very few snakes that do.

Greg31

Members
Yep. I have never fed him that though. I cant remember what it was, but people would soak mice in something that smells like toads to get difficult eaters to eat. This guy however, eats like a hog! ;)

Spine

Members
Isn't that a species native Maryland. I'm only saying this because once I was in the market for a turtle (native to Maryland) and came to find out they couldn't legally be sold or possessed without a million permits,lol so I baled on the idea. I don't know if it's the same for snakes.

Greg31

Members
I dont think so. I bought in NC. I know people sell them all the time at repticon.

Ill sell for best reasonable offer as well I guess.