• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS: Fry, breeding group of ancistrus, and more!

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
How do you Cycle your tank
How I cycle my tanks is I put in a cycled sponge filter or cycled gravel (I can let yo borrow one of the two if you want) and keep checking the water quality. Once the ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite are at 0, than its ready for fish
Are silver dollars easy to breed

I've never heard of them being bred by a hobbyist, I assume it would be very hard though

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
Does the water quality just become better over time or do i have to do something to it

Well, if you have nothing in the tank, no filter fish or nothing the water quality wont change but when you cycle your tank an amonia spike and a nitrate spike will happen. Once that happens BB grows really fast and it should start to drop, then you are ready for fish
Cyled filter media or gravel from an existing tank will make the process extremely fast.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Dan,

I'll take 3 of your made-to-order spawning mops. :)

I really appreciate it.

festaedan

potamotrygon fan
bump
I also have an "old fashion" 75
Basically, it has thicker galss but no center brace
I have yet to leak test it but I can check if anyone is interested
$30 takes it
I also have a pair of xenotoca eiseni which are beating up the small self cloning crayfish in their tank so they have to go
$8 for the pair
I can ship fish or equiptment (well, not the 75) to anywhere in the US just incase you dont live in MD
pm me for shipping rates
Thanks