• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS Corydoras CW101 and C. elegans.

mab

Members
Corydoras CW010 Gold (orange) lasers. F1.5 (from wild females bred to F.1 males - females from 2006 collecting trip to the Amazon.) They sell for $10 plus shipping on Aquabid. $8 each - pickup I'll throw in extras, or I'll deliver to Jan mtg.

Wild C. elegans - $10.

mchambers

Former CCA member
CW010

Corydoras CW010 Gold (orange) lasers. F1.5 (from wild females bred to F.1 males - females from 2006 collecting trip to the Amazon.) They sell for $10 plus shipping on Aquabid. $8 each - pickup I'll throw in extras, or I'll deliver to Jan mtg.

Wild C. elegans - $10.
I'll vouch for the gold lasers. I bought some juvies from Mike in October and they're thriving and growing and getting prettier by the day. Can't wait until they start breeding.

F8LBITE

Members
the gold lasers are awesome, very nice fish the Elegans are beauties too. I was just admiring them at the Xmas party.

mab

Members
How many do you have and how big are they?

CW010 - a good number - too many to get a count. Sizes are 3/4" to 1". C. elegans are grown out adults - have at least 20 to get breeding group down to size.

YSS

Members
I would like to get some cories, but I think they are too small for my tank, and don't really have a separate grown out tank. Need to be more creative ....

mab

Members
I would like to get some cories, but I think they are too small for my tank, and don't really have a separate grown out tank. Need to be more creative ....

Then I'd suggest the C. elegans - very rare.

mab

Members
Thanks for the link.

Michael, do you have any pictures of your fish?

Great video - yes that is a C. elegans seen briefly. Mine are the same.

I have no pictures. I'm in Reston - not far from Vienna if you'd like to check them out.

mab

Members
Michael has great fish, I vouch for him 100%

Jose - you are too kind as it is always--in my eyes--an incomplete work in progress. Four new breeding grow out tanks setup this weekend. All operating with Hamburg filters. Now I need three more 15gs to get serious on breeding more cories.

Here is a little background on my catfish: I'm currently breeding about a dozen species of cories (mostly wild caught from Peru)- I really don't do anything special. Breeding groups are setup in 10g to 20g tanks. Some tanks I pull eggs and those where I don't I provide java moss or java fern for egg laying/fry development (I always seem to have multiple sizes in those tanks.) I do regular water changes (at least weekly) - wild caught cories are really sensitive and they let me know when I have missed a water change (regrettably - I lost all my C. reticulatus--a really beautiful cory--due to missed WCs - I had knee surgery and could barely get to the fish room for two weeks.) I mostly breed in Fairfax County tap water. I'll occasionally use cold tap or rain water--I have three 55g rain barrels off the fishroom (if you were at the holiday party i hope you checked out my water system)--to give them a jolt. I do maintain a robust vermiculture setup which provides good food for breeders. I also feed frozen foods and various commercially available food. I move hatched fry to 2.5g tanks with small sponge filters less than half full and feed sponge "scrung," microworms, BBS, various fry formulas and ground flake. I move then to larger tanks as they grow. Self sustaining populations just stay in the same tank - with occasional fish pulled so as not to overpopulate the tank and encourage breeding.

Here is the list of what has bred in my fishroom:
C114
CW010
C. aeneus
C. ambiacus
C. elegans
C. leucomelas
C. loxozonus
C. napoensis
C. panda
C. pygmaeus
C. rabauti
C. schultzei
C. sterbai
C. weitzmani

I have a few others and am still working on getting them to breed. However, I'm transitioning a few tanks to breed some of the undescribed tetras I collected in the amazon and I'm always working on Apistogrammoides (last check breeding pairs fetch about $125) and Apistogrammas.

ultramanrx

Members
Jose - you are too kind as it is always--in my eyes--an incomplete work in progress. Four new breeding grow out tanks setup this weekend. All operating with Hamburg filters. Now I need three more 15gs to get serious on breeding more cories.

Here is a little background on my catfish: I'm currently breeding about a dozen species of cories (mostly wild caught from Peru)- I really don't do anything special. Breeding groups are setup in 10g to 20g tanks. Some tanks I pull eggs and those where I don't I provide java moss or java fern for egg laying/fry development (I always seem to have multiple sizes in those tanks.) I do regular water changes (at least weekly) - wild caught cories are really sensitive and they let me know when I have missed a water change (regrettably - I lost all my C. reticulatus--a really beautiful cory--due to missed WCs - I had knee surgery and could barely get to the fish room for two weeks.) I mostly breed in Fairfax County tap water. I'll occasionally use cold tap or rain water--I have three 55g rain barrels off the fishroom (if you were at the holiday party i hope you checked out my water system)--to give them a jolt. I do maintain a robust vermiculture setup which provides good food for breeders. I also feed frozen foods and various commercially available food. I move hatched fry to 2.5g tanks with small sponge filters less than half full and feed sponge "scrung," microworms, BBS, various fry formulas and ground flake. I move then to larger tanks as they grow. Self sustaining populations just stay in the same tank - with occasional fish pulled so as not to overpopulate the tank and encourage breeding.

Here is the list of what has bred in my fishroom:
C114
CW010
C. aeneus
C. ambiacus
C. elegans
C. leucomelas
C. loxozonus
C. napoensis
C. panda
C. pygmaeus
C. rabauti
C. schultzei
C. sterbai
C. weitzmani

I have a few others and am still working on getting them to breed. However, I'm transitioning a few tanks to breed some of the undescribed tetras I collected in the amazon and I'm always working on Apistogrammoides (last check breeding pairs fetch about $125) and Apistogrammas.

Nice collection, are you still selling them for $8 each? when can i arrange with you to come by pick some up? where are you located at? Thanks

mab

Members
Nice collection, are you still selling them for $8 each? when can i arrange with you to come by pick some up? where are you located at? Thanks

Thomas,

As Caleb stated I'm in Reston, NOVA. I'm home most evenings and weekends - often in the fishroom. For some reason I can't send PM - I don't like too much personal info on here for the bots to find - so here is the number - call first 7zero37eight78sevendouble5.

Michael

Last edited: